The Transplantation Society (TTS) is searching for an Executive Director for its International Headquarters in downtown Montreal. TTS is a not-for-profit organization providing focus for global leadership in the field of solid organ transplantation. Its core mission includes the development of the science and clinical practice, scientific communication, continuing education and guidance on the ethical practice.
The Executive Director is responsible for the management of all TTS resources, provides successful leadership, and ensures effective delivery of programs, services and initiatives which support TTS’ mission and vision, and that of its nine Sections. This includes all aspect of management of the international headquarters – financial management, governance, infrastructure management, staff oversight, oversight of the governance and finances of TTS’ journals, support for the TTS Executive Committee and Council, and its various committees, as well as administrative support for the nine Sections and various initiatives.
The Executive Director reports to the President and the Executive Committee.
Overview of the duties:
The Executive Director
- Supports the President, Executive Committee and Council by fostering a trusted relationship and strong working partnership.
- Increases the visibility and impact of TTS worldwide.
- Effectively manages all aspect of the International Headquarters and its staff.
- Expands, diversifies, and engages the membership.
- Maintains a sound financial position.
- Implements approved programs and initiatives.
- Oversees the effective delivery of TTS’ biennial congress and periodic meetings, as well as those of its Sections.
- Works with the Executive Committee (and Journals Committee) to successfully negotiate favorable publisher and managing editor contracts.
While recognizing that no single individual is likely to embody all of the following strengths and abilities in equal measure, the following characteristics of TTS’ next Executive Director have been identified as being most important:
- Share TTS’ commitment to its mission.
- 5 to 10 years of executive-level business experience.
- Highest ethical and moral personal and professional standards.
- Proven financial acumen and experience with diversified revenue sources with success in maintaining fiscal stability.
- A collaborative approach towards partnering with staff, council and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success implementing new programs and initiatives on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated record of leading diverse teams and mobilizing individuals and organizations around a common cause; excellent leadership abilities and strategic mindset.
- Demonstrated success in delivering large, complex congresses both in person and virtually.
- Several years of progressing leadership experience, ideally in a not-for-profit, volunteer-driven or membership-based organization. Experience in a scientific or medical professional association is an asset.
- Strong communication skills that will enhance the profile, visibility, and influence of TTS.
- Speaks and writes exemplary English and speak one additional language.
- In depth understanding of dealing with many cultures, and customs and embracing global diversity.
- Proven record of core values of integrity, excellence, forward focus, respect, diversity, and compassion.
- Highly organized and responsive to the needs of the organization and its members.
- A successful network builder with experience partnering with organizations in the transplantation field.
- Experience fostering a trusted relationship and strong working partnership with a board or council.
- Available and willing to travel internationally for short, demanding trips.
- Available for conference call in evenings and weekends to accommodate various time zones.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to contribute to an organization that has a significant impact on people’s lives.
- Compensation commensurate with responsibilities and experience and benefits.
- Working in a small dynamic team.
- The opportunity to travel internationally and work with passionate professionals in the transplantation field.
Additional information and applying:
If you wish a copy of the full position profile, or have any other questions regarding this role, please contact Denise Rainville (firstname.lastname@example.org), Governance Director & Controller.
To apply for this role, please submit a letter introducing your self and a CV, and your contact information (telephone and email) before June 6, 2021, to Denise Rainville (email@example.com).
More search results
Horse Council British Columbia
Assistant Deputy Minister - Services and Technolo…
BC Public Service - Ministry of Education
Canadian Association of Gastroenterology
Senior Director, Government Relations
Automotive Industries Association (AIA) of Canada
President & CEO, Medtech Canada