Board Director - Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA)
Join the Board of Directors of the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA)
Are you passionate about the internet? Do you want to help shape Canada’s digital future? CIRA's election Nomination Committee is now accepting applications from professionals with governance experience interested in joining CIRA's Board of Directors.
Desired Skills and Experience
We are seeking Canadians who have:
- A passion for Canada's internet;
- Previous board experience with solid understanding of board governance;
- Ability to understand risks, opportunities, and implications both environmental and internal that may impact CIRA;
- Experience in the domain name industry in which CIRA operates, including an understanding of the current and emerging business and industry trends;
- Entrepreneurial experience at the executive level, in starting a technology business or pursuing a “go to market” strategy at the enterprise or line of business level;
- An understanding of the areas of law related to CIRA's business, such as internet, IT and privacy;
- Leadership skills and the ability to listen and be open to others’ perspectives and synthesize and build consensus;
- A human resource management background including a good understanding of the need for and experience in encouraging diversity and inclusiveness in the workforce and methods of managing and retaining top talent.
It is important to note that positions on CIRA’s board are not considered entry-level. It is imperative for the board’s effective functioning that all its members have a good understanding of the duties and responsibilities of directors and board governance in the not-for-profit and/or the for-profit sectors and solid board experience.
Your role as a Board Member
CIRA’s Board of Directors’ primary purpose is to provide strategic direction and oversight for the .CA domain name registry and help guide CIRA as it fulfills its mandate to enable a trusted internet for Canadians. Find out more about the role of a CIRA board member.
Apply now | The deadline to submit applications is June 16, 2021 at 2 p.m. ET.
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) manages the .CA top-level domain on behalf of all Canadians. A member-based organization, CIRA also develops and implements policies that support Canada’s internet community and represents the .CA registry internationally.
For additional information, please visit cira.ca/election.
More search results
Horse Council British Columbia
Assistant Deputy Minister - Services and Technolo…
BC Public Service - Ministry of Education
Canadian Association of Gastroenterology
Senior Director, Government Relations
Automotive Industries Association (AIA) of Canada
President & CEO, Medtech Canada