Director, Education Programs
Job Posting – Director, Education Programs
The Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (CAIRP) is seeking an outstanding new leader to support and continue to improve CAIRP’s CIRP Qualification Program (CQP) and to enhance the Association’s educational offerings. Reporting to the President and CEO, the Director, Education Programs is responsible for the successful management and oversight of CAIRP’s student educational programs for its members across the country. Two fulltime staff report to the Director.
The position requires a highly effective leader with a finger on the pulse of the latest trends in professional education and emerging educational technologies along with a track record of facilitating program improvements. Further, the Director must be committed to forging strong relationships to engage and leverage the talents and skills of the organization’s member volunteers to facilitate the development, delivery and assessment of exceptional professional education programs.
The ideal candidate is a natural multi-tasker with a positive outlook and exceptional work ethic, who thrives in a fast paced, professional environment where collaboration and teamwork are paramount. The Director also possesses excellent communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills and proficiency in English and preferably also French.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Oversees the development and maintenance of education programs for the CQP to ensure adequacy and currency, working with the Course Material Review Committee and its working groups, along with the CQP Committee;
- Works with the CQP Committee to identify policy changes required, review the direction of the Program and the results achieved by candidates, developing and implementing new policies and procedures as required;
- Works with the Core Knowledge Exam Board, the CNIE Board and the Exam Oversight Committee to ensure that focus is directed to meeting both the exam blueprints and the expectations for candidates at each level in the Program;
- Identifies and addresses the need for both new programs and supports offerings for the CQP to ensure that CQP candidates have the opportunity to meet the standards of the program as outlined in the CQP Competency Profile;
- Provides leadership in the planning, development, implementation, review and evaluation of program procedures;
- Reports regularly on results and program improvement plans for the CQP Program;
- Researches and implements new technologies for course offerings;
- Conducts language reviews of the education materials prepared for the CQP and key communications;
- Considers the balancing of the interests of the various stakeholders in the development and maintenance of the education programs and stays apprised of industry developments;
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the Association and to facilitate the recruitment of volunteers to staff the working committees, subcommittees and task forces and working groups in the education area;
- Serves as an ex-officio member of all CAIRP committees with education mandates.
The role of Director, CAIRP Education Programs will require an optimal combination of the following elements of professional experience and credentials, demonstrated core competencies and compelling personal attributes including:
- A minimum of 7 years’ progressive track record in a leadership role, with a dossier of demonstrated achievements in creating, delivering and improving educational programs;
- University degree in education, education administration or related field, preferably at the Master’s level;
- Demonstrated experience in leading the assessment, adoption and integration of educational technologies;
- Experience with professional designation granting organizations and in-depth knowledge of program management;
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and practice, with a commitment to ongoing engagement in this area are an asset;
- A flexible and results oriented team player with excellent coordination skills, self awareness and a positive attitude;
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, preferably in both official languages, with an innate ability to respectfully and thoughtfully gather information from others;
- Able to effectively Multitask, work under pressure and deliver results in a timely manner;
- Highly effective and proven manager of teams;
- Has a proven ability to develop rapport quickly and establish and maintain positive working relationships with volunteers;
- Proficient with computers and various educational technologies;
- Able to coordinate large scale volunteer efforts and work with little supervision;
- Strong numeric capability and understanding of data and program results;
- Preference for candidates who are fluent in both English and French;
- Willing to travel as required.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to Steve.Dalessandro@cairp.ca and complete the following survey:
Applicants who do not submit a completed survey will not be considered.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note that, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the successful candidate will temporarily work remotely.
The Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (CAIRP) is the national professional association representing nearly 1500 members and associates. CAIRP members have earned the CIRP designation and most are licensed insolvency trustees (LIT) providing insolvency and restructuring services to consumers and businesses who experience financial challenges.
CAIRP is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to fair employment practices. We are committed to diversity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including individuals with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please notify us and we will make every effort to meet your needs.
More search results
Director of Operations
Canada's Building Trades Unions
Canadian Bar Association - Nova Scotia Branch
Board Of Directors Opportunity
Direction générale et secrétaire-trésorière Assoc…
Association des enseignants/es franco-ontariens (AEFO)
Energy Transition Fund