Headquartered in North York, the Ontario Society of Professional Engineers (OSPE) is a not-for-profit professional association, providing advocacy and member services that advance the economic and professional interests of Ontario’s engineers.
The Membership Coordinator will provide membership research, marketing, processing, and renewal support, and will help retail and increase OSPE membership through phone, in-person, and email contact with members. Review and analyze the OSPE database, as well as user needs, to provide recommendations and solutions to parallel overall business strategies as they relate to member engagement. Reporting to the Director of Member Services and Strategic Partnerships, this position works closely with all OSPE staff. The position requires professional maturity, flexibility, sound judgment, initiative, and a willingness to undertake unfamiliar tasks from time to time are required.
- Maintains and updates member database by actively seeking data through member contact (phone calls, emails), and internet searches, etc.
- Prepares and maintains member administration materials (application forms, renewal forms, member welcome kits., etc.) Work with other departments and/or external suppliers to ensure communications stock and information are up to date.
- Contacts lapsed members, non-members and new engineers by phone, email, and mail to invite them to join, rejoin or renew lapsed memberships.
- Collecting data, tracking membership statistics, and preparing reports in collaboration with the Membership Data team
- Responds to member and public inquiries and requests for information on Society services, events, and programs.
- Engage in outreach to potential members and employers through University Campus recruitment drives, Career Fairs, Member Events, and outside Stakeholder events.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of strategies to recruit new members and retain current members.
- Create written content for a variety of strategic communications channels, including the OSPE website and digital/print marketing materials, such as Member Profile, etc.
- Supporting OSPE’s core values and company objectives by providing an unmatched high level of internal and external customer/member service.
- Supporting the OSPE mentorship program.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in Business, Marketing, Communications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner and ability to converse pleasantly and professionally with members, suppliers, managers, and other stakeholders.
- Excellent knowledge of internet/website applications and Microsoft Office suite, experience working with a member/customer relationship management database.
- Superior organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to manage a demanding workload and evolving set of tasks with minimal supervision.
- A self-starter who works well independently and as an active team member in a collaborative work environment
- Willingness to work flexible/extended hours on occasion.
Please apply by email to Valeria Mueller at email@example.com by July 30, 2021. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please include a cover letter and resume.
OSPE supports diversity, equity, and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom of Information (F.O.I.) And Protection Of Privacy Act, 1987.
More search results
Director of Operations
Canada's Building Trades Unions
Canadian Bar Association - Nova Scotia Branch
Board Of Directors Opportunity
Direction générale et secrétaire-trésorière Assoc…
Association des enseignants/es franco-ontariens (AEFO)
Energy Transition Fund