Position: President & CEO
hybrid/remote working opportunity
Applications are being accepted for a highly skilled leader who is driven to deliver results. The President & CEO is accountable to the Board of Directors for the achievement of the Foundation’s Strategic Directions in keeping with the vision, mission and values of the organization. This position will provide leadership to staff, volunteers and the community, ensure sound management of the Foundation, develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships and strengthen endowment funding. This position is bound by and subject to the approved objectives, by-laws, policies and applicable regulations of the Foundation.
We are seeking to meet candidates who have:
- Demonstrated success in driving organizational growth through effective and strategic planning, donor and partner stewardship and consistent, mission driven branding and engagement of diverse communities across the City of Mississauga
- Strong communications and leadership skills that inspire and galvanize others towards a shared goal
- A minimum of 8 – 10 years of senior management and leadership experience
- Experience with governance and boards of directors as well as strong volunteer management (both committees and boards)
- Strong financial, marketing and communications experience required to help build a diverse portfolio of endowment funds
- Knowledge of grant-making, including ethical, regulatory and legal issues
- Proficiency in the use of technology as it pertains to business management
Skills & Attributes:
- Proven leadership skills: charismatic, engaging and confident
- A visionary - demonstrated ability to deliver against the vision with SUCCESS
- Entrepreneurial – ability to identify and realize opportunities
- A natural networker with an established network of professional contacts
- Strategic thinker, able to conceptualize and communicate complex ideas with clarity
- Ability to create community partnerships, engage donors and build revenue
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: both written, verbal coupled with strong presentation skills
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated capacity to work effectively with people with diverse backgrounds
- Strong commitment to teamwork, able to mobilize people in joint efforts
- Strategic marketer – in order to strengthen awareness of The Community Foundation of Mississauga
- Preference will be given to candidates who live or work in Mississauga.
- Experience working/volunteering with a community foundation
- Advanced knowledge of the non-profit sector and its regulatory framework, including direct experience in grants management, community development, strategic planning and research
- Experience in Gift Planning and Major Gifts, including building endowments
Salary and Benefit Information
- $115k - $120k commensurate with experience
This search is being conducted on behalf of the Community Foundation of Mississauga by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website, in confidence.
To submit your application by August 16, 2021, please visit: http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/ Select the role and ‘Apply’ to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents. Issues with applying? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the position, please contact Janice Wooster at email@example.com or 416.388.4049. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we’d be pleased to connect with them.
More search results
Director of Operations
Canada's Building Trades Unions
Canadian Bar Association - Nova Scotia Branch
Board Of Directors Opportunity
Direction générale et secrétaire-trésorière Assoc…
Association des enseignants/es franco-ontariens (AEFO)
Energy Transition Fund