Board Of Directors Opportunity
We are changing the conversation about arthritis. For too long, so many of the more than 6 million Canadians who have arthritis have dealt with this chronic condition, a leading cause of disability, in silence. It’s not “just arthritis”; it is serious and debilitating and the number of people diagnosed is on the rise. We are here to extinguish the fire.
Our strategy is bold, with a focus on innovation that will differentiate us. As Canada’s only nationwide arthritis organization, it’s our job to raise the much-needed funds to change the face of arthritis now. We fund ground-breaking research, share the most current knowledge and information, and advocate for policy change on critical issues such as joint-replacement surgeries, so that Canadians with arthritis are getting the care and attention they deserve.
Board Of Directors Opportunity
As a leader in the business community, you are deeply committed to making a difference, by bringing your knowledge, expertise, and passion to an important cause and a well-run charitable organization. With an extensive network and a willingness to open doors, you are keen to generate interest and commitment to our strategic and innovative work. These are voluntary positions, ideal for corporate and community leaders keen to have an impact in a health charity driven to transform the arthritis landscape. We are seeking individuals who have:
• Chaired or led a fundraising initiative – with successful outcomes in achieving fundraising goals.
• Worked with a Foundation CEO or CDO to oversee and advise on fundraising strategies and donor prospecting.
• Led a committee of peers to meet fundraising targets.
• Facilitated major gift donor relationships to charities and can bring new major gift donor connections to our work.
• Demonstrated donor leadership through personal commitment and networks.
In addition to the above skills, you bring:
• A strong understanding of and experience in public or private board governance, fiduciary oversight, and organizational strategy.
• Experience as a leader: planning, strategy execution, and leadership skills to support organizational excellence.
• Exemplary professional, business and community engagement ethics.
• A track record of volunteer service and contribution.
• A strong network of business, community and/or government contacts.
The Board of Directors operates within a policy governance model, providing high-level direction to the CEO and exercising fiduciary oversight. Members are appointed for an initial 3-year term and may be reappointed for two additional 3-year terms. The time commitment requires preparation for and attendance at board meetings held four times each year, with additional committee work and involvement to help drive the strategy from a governance level. You must be a resident of Canada.
For more information about the Arthritis Society, please visit our website at www.arthritis.ca.
How to Apply: interested candidates should forward their cover letter & resume by August 20th to:
Board Governance & Nominating Committee
c/o Jennifer Stewart, Chief Development Officer
The Arthritis Society is proud to promote a culture of integrity, passionate commitment, spirited teamwork, bold innovation, and courageous leadership. Together we are creating an organization that is an exceptional place to work and volunteer.
More search results
Director, Strategic Issues
Municipal Pension Plan
Vice President, Corporate Services - Finance, Dig…
The MS Society of Canada
Chief Operating Officer
Swim Drink Fish
Member & Certification Specialist
CPB Canada - Certified Professional Bookkeepers of Canada
President & CEO
Vehicle Sales Authority of British Columbia (VSA)