Membership Engagement Co-ordinator
Mechanical Contractors Association of Canada
Job Categories: Member Relations
Position Type: Full Time
Organization Type: Industry Association; Not-for-Profit
Job Region: Ottawa, ON
The Mechanical Contractors Association of Canada (MCAC) is the national voice of the mechanical contracting sector in Canada, representing close to 1,000 members involved in construction, repair, maintenance in the industrial, commercial, and institutional sectors of the industry. Member firms are engaged in plumbing, HVAC, controls systems, medical gases, welding, and fire suppression, as well as other sectors of the industry.
As a national association, MCAC works closely with provincial MCA partners, we provide resources and best practices to help our members succeed in their business.
Reporting to the CEO, the Mechanical Contractors Association of Canada is currently seeking a highly-motivated and experienced professional to oversee member services on behalf of the Association. The Membership Engagement Co-Ordinator will work closely with senior leadership to develop and implement programming that enhances member value to contractor members, associate members, and provincial partners.
The Co-ordinator is primarily responsible for communications, program development and implementation, database management, and other tasks as required. In addition, the Co-ordinator will play a key support role at the Association’s Annual National Conference and other events.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role or association environment.
- University degree in a related field.
- Advanced knowledge of communications, marketing and public/member relations strategies.
- Exceptional written and oral communications abilities.
- Experience working with volunteer Boards.
- Proven experience in social media and website management.
- Experience in managing third-party firms and suppliers.
- Ability work with multiple stakeholders with a range of interests.
- Excellent time management and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of Canada’s construction industry and trade contracting sector.
- Knowledge of design and production processes for print, web and multimedia.
- Ability to communicate in both official languages.
- Conceptualizes, develops and implements strategies to provide value to MCAC members, as well as MCA partner associations at the provincial and local level.
- Manage membership database and CRM to ensure accurate and up-to-date information on members.
- Develop strategies to attract new members in underrepresented categories.
- Work closely with senior leadership on key MCAC programs and initiatives.
- Responsible for developing and implementing annual communications campaigns and opinion polling.
- Ensures the quality and accuracy of MCAC’s external materials.
- Liaise with provincial and local association partners to deliver on the MCAC value proposition to its members.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to forward their resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Director, Strategic Issues
Municipal Pension Plan
Vice President, Corporate Services - Finance, Dig…
The MS Society of Canada
Chief Operating Officer
Swim Drink Fish
Member & Certification Specialist
CPB Canada - Certified Professional Bookkeepers of Canada
President & CEO
Vehicle Sales Authority of British Columbia (VSA)