- IAP2 Canada
- Remote work opportunity
- Job Category
- Job Type
(Remote 4-day week)
Founded in 1990, IAP2 Canada is an association of professionals in the field of public participation (P2), who seek to promote and improve the practice in relation to individuals, governments, institutions and other entities that affect the public interest in Canada and around the world. Its programs advance public participation through professional development, networking and events, advocacy for effective public participation, and advancing the practice.
IAP2 has over 1,000 members across Canada. It is a diverse community of professionals, citizens, academics, and decision-makers who are committed to involving the public in decisions that affect them. Over a third of our members are part of bundle memberships taken out by organizations -- government entities, corporations and consulting firms, among others.
IAP2 Canada is affiliated with national P2 organizations around the world and has affiliated chapters across Canada. Its members are professionals dedicated to advancing public participation. More information about IAP Canada is available at https://iap2canada.ca/.
This is a career opportunity to lead a national professional association with international affiliations in the growing field of public participation (P2). IAP2 Canada is the national body serving seven regional chapters with more than 30 member organizations in government and industry with staff professionals who help facilitate P2.
The Executive Director will head an efficient virtual organization providing membership support, bilingual services, communications and marketing, finance, governance, and committees and task forces related to advance P2 in Canada.
- Proven ability to grow revenue and organization to higher levels of performance and achievement
- Record of building and nurturing partnerships through collaboration
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate the accomplishment of goals
- Knowledge of good public engagement practices
- Functional ability to communicate in both official languages
- Comfortable working in a virtual environment
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, in the work environment and in the community
- Post-secondary degree in public policy, government administration, social services, or equivalent
To submit your application by September 20, 2021, please visit: http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job- openings/
Select the role and click on ‘Apply’ to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents.
For assistance with application technical issues, email email@example.com.
Please contact Cynthia Armour, Senior Search Consultant and Researcher, at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions about this opportunity or if you would like to request a detailed position profile.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.