Member & Certification Specialist
- Home-based, CANADA
- $55,000 - $60,000 Annually
- Job Category
- Admin/Clerical/Customer Service
- Job Type
Are you excited about using your skills and knowledge to impact our member's professional journey? Are you looking for an opportunity that allows you to work both independently and as part of a small, but mighty team, through a virtual office environment?
Certified Professional Bookkeepers of Canada (CPB Canada) seeks an experienced and energetic professional to work with our membership team as a leader and direct support for our growing membership and national certification program.
As a national certifying body for professional bookkeepers, our member-based association is the leading continuing education and career development organization for bookkeepers across Canada. Our mission is to build a professional community that inspires excellence, creates meaningful connections, and fosters innovation and learning. With more than 1,700 members, CPB Canada is the most significant and fastest-growing bookkeeping association in Canada.
As the Member & Certification Specialist, you'll collaborate with colleagues and members to strengthen the processes and rigour of the Certified Professional Bookkeeper (CPB) designation as it increases in national recognition. Reporting to the Manager, Memberships & Partnerships, you'll be working in a professionally dynamic environment that will focus on continuous improvement, growth, and enhancing member value.
Our ideal candidate is a dynamic thinker with an aptitude for process and workflow. We seek a motivated individual with a strong work ethic and organizational skills critical in our virtual team environment.
Responsibilities & How You'll Contribute:
- Oversee, maintain, and build CPB Canada's certification program nationally.
- Provide overall administration of the certification process from enrolling members on the certification pathway to administering exams and ensuring annual continuing professional development (CPD) compliance.
- Delivering a high level of service to members and non-members through all interactions, whether through incoming calls, managing email requests, or assisting with member renewals.
- Attracting a pipeline of interested certification candidates to drive future growth.
- In partnership with the Marketing Specialist, improve recognition and promotion of the CPB designation, including maximizing the potential of CPB Digital Badges.
- Assist in executing our member recruitment strategy, supporting the member approval process, and providing the best onboarding experience.
- Work with team members and volunteers to create, implement and evaluate a certification strategy aligned to the organization's strategic priorities.
- Improving the member experience with certification while implementing its approved structure.
- Work to keep the membership database organized and up to date, working with members to ensure accurate contact information.
- Actively represent CPB Canada at events to promote the value of the CPB designation.
- Stay informed about relevant industry trends, including working with member volunteer groups as required.
- Make recommendations and process or policy improvements to ensure the certification program is effective, efficient, and scalable for the needs of members and CPB Canada.
- Develop or facilitate training as required to ensure certification is supported effectively to assist members and educate non-members.
- Other duties, including projects and responsibilities assigned by the Manager, Membership & Partnerships.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma or a relevant combination of education and professional experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years of progressive experience in a professional association, not-for-profit environment, or relevant sector/industry.
- Ability to develop and plan, execute, and create value from the stated project goals.
- Organizational skills to manage multiple deadlines and maintain a high degree of attention to detail.
- Exhibits sound judgment and have the initiative to resolve issues appropriately.
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- A team player with a collaborative approach and a willingness to help whenever the need arises.
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, a high level of professional integrity.
- Proficiency and experience with membership database systems is an asset.
- Working in a home-based, virtual office environment requires access to a reliable internet connection and telephone service.
- Proficient in Microsoft365 (Outlook, Teams. Word, SharePoint, Excel).
- You must be able to provide a clear background check.
- Some evening and weekend work and occasional travel may be required.
- Fluency in French is an asset but not required.
Please note that while we appreciate all interest in this role, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted,