Program Coordinator, Continuing Professional Development
The Ontario College of Family Physicians represents more than 15,000 family physicians across the province. We support our members by providing evidence-based education and professional development, promoting and recognizing leadership excellence in family medicine, and advocating for the vital role family physicians play in delivering the highest quality care to patients and families across Ontario.
Reporting to the Manager, Continuing Professional Development, the Program Coordinator supports the planning, implementation and tracking of the OCFP’s portfolio of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities, including online repositories of clinical tools and resources; Communities of Practice; live online, on demand (virtual) and in-person workshops, webinars and events.
The Program Coordinator, CPD:
- Supports the logistics planning and delivery of in-person CPD workshops, webinars and conferences. This includes tasks such as researching and booking venues, ordering catering, monitoring incoming registrations, managing program participant wait lists, preparing attendance sheets, and confirming attendance.
- Arranges logistics and facilitates delivery of Communities of Practice and other live online learning activities, including organizing and completing tasks such as scheduling, registration, in-session support and post-session activity dissemination.
- Gathers materials for on demand programs and arranges for posting on the OCFP website.
- Monitors response to the OCFP’s Clinical Tools and Resources requests for review, forwards to reviewers, records decisions and arranges for posting to the Information Exchange.
- Working with the CPD Manager and other program development experts, supports the recruitment and onboarding of high-quality faculty and Clinical Tools and Resources reviewers, as well as orientation and development through train-the-trainer systems, feedback and evaluations.
- Prepares OCFP CPD course packages and evaluation forms and distributes them electronically to the participants before, during and after each session.
- Updates and maintains the content and access to password-protected space on the OCFP LMS or website.
- Assists with the logistics and distribution of promotional materials and announcements for the OCFP’s educational events and resources.
- Serves as liaison with the finance team in the processing of expense reports and invoices; and tracking against portfolio budget.
- Contributes to the CPD Development and Delivery annual planning and budget development processes.
- Prepares reports (including CPD and Clinical Tools and Resources statistics) and agendas, drafts meeting minutes and coordinates follow-up items.
- Serves as the liaison with respect to member/participant inquiries related to CPD workshops including triaging inquiries sent to the general CPD mailbox and phone inquiries related to CPD.
- Coordinates Scientific Planning Committees as required to prepare for development of new CPD programs and certification. Tasks can include executing program design; developing program content and preparing certification application. Other activities include coordinating and preparing for Scientific Planning Committee meetings (i.e., scheduling meetings, preparing materials, recording minutes, and tracking follow-up actions).
- Prepares and submits Mainpro+ certification applications to the CFPC for 2- and 3-credit per hour programs and to the OCFP for 1-credit per hour programs.
- Provides backup support to all areas of the Education and Practice Supports (EPS) portfolio as requested by the Director, EPS or other members of the OCFP management team.
- This position has no direct reports.
- College Diploma in Business or Office Administration.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in event or meeting planning and execution. 3 years’ experience preferred.
- Proven ability to prioritize and organize multiple prioritizes effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, collaborative attitude, and sound judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to collate and analyse data.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Windows environments.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and MS Project an asset.
- Previous experience working with Learning Management Systems, web content management and online registration systems preferred.
- Experience in an educational / healthcare environment preferred.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings.
- Availability to travel as required to provide staff support at planned events and workshops.
OCFP Core Competencies:
OCFP’s core competencies are designed to nurture employee engagement through best people practices. All employees will demonstrate strength in the following competencies:
Collaboration: Engages constructively with others, to be part of a team, to work together, as opposed to working separately or competitively. Promotes a positive climate, resolves conflict, and creates alignment within and across internal and/or external groups.
Impact and Influence: Advocates, motivates, persuades, convinces, or influences others to gain their support and commitment. Effectively gains support by drawing the attention of others to an important issue and directing decision makers towards a solution.
Organizational Awareness: Understands the key relationships, diverse interest groups and power bases within the organization and in the wider community.
Planning, Coordination, and Execution: Plans and coordinates work, effectively manages resources, prioritizes steps to be taken, anticipates potential issues/barriers, and develops contingency plans to address these, executes individual and team activities in a way that ensures the achievement of a set of objectives. Achieves desired results on a consistent basis despite having to deal with unpredictable or unexpected circumstances.
Service & Quality Orientation: Demonstrates a desire to provide quality results by focusing efforts on discovering the needs of customers and stakeholders and meeting these needs. Ensures quality in the delivery of services, and complies with existing rules, regulations, and legislation. Monitors service information by insisting on clarity of roles and expectations and setting up and maintaining systems that enhance quality and maximize efficiencies.
Developing Others: Fosters the long-term learning or development of others through coaching, managing performance and mentoring. Achieves higher level goals and develops new skills/competencies. Driven by a genuine desire to develop and empower others, rather than simply a need to transfer skills to complete tasks.
Holding Self and Others Accountable: Positions the organization for success by establishing appropriate levels of responsibility. Holds self and others accountable to deliver the agreed upon objectives and execute high standards of excellence. Provide clear directions, effectively communicates priorities and expectations and monitors performance.
Visionary Leadership: Inspires others to work toward common goals by providing inspiration, clarity, and direction. Effectively focuses team on priorities and provides leadership and support through change. Actively solicits input and inspires the courage to challenge team process, and the commitment to achieve personal, team and organizational goals.
Business Acumen: Understand the business implications of opportunities and decisions. Implements successful business strategies. Maintains awareness of issues, processes, and outcomes as they impact the organization’s strategic direction.
Strategic Orientation: Understands the business implications of decisions and can take a long-term perspective to chart a course that delivers results today and well into the future.
Interpersonal Sensitivity: Understands and responds appropriately to the concerns of others. Practices active listening when interacting with individuals or groups. Demonstrates an ability to reflect on verbal and non-verbal behaviour and communicates effectively
Leadership Presence: Develops and maintains a sense of presence and emotional maturity in understanding of one’s own emotions and the impact of one’s behaviour on others; demonstrates of resiliency in a range of complex and demanding situations.
The OCFP is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all members and employees feel valued and respected. If you require accommodation in order to participate as a candidate in the hiring process, please communicate your needs to the recruitment team.
How to Apply: Please forward a brief cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday October 7, 2021.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.