CWTA is seeking a qualified candidate for the role of Administrative Coordinator, a Permanent Full-Time Position regularly scheduled to work approximately 37.5 hours per week, with work hours from 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. The successful candidate should be available to start working in this position as soon as possible.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Messaging Product Development, the core function of the Administrative Coordinator’s role will be providing daily support for messaging programs administered by CWTA (including Canadian Common Short Codes (www.txt.ca), long codes, and other new initiatives as identified). The Administrative Coordinator of Industry & Consumer Affairs may also be required to assist with various customer support and administrative activities related to CWTA’s many initiatives and programs, as appropriate.
The ideal candidate for this position is energetic, a creative problem solver and self-starter, effective on their own and as a part of a team, demonstrates initiative, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and exercises careful attention to detail.
- Receive new applications and liaise with appropriate contacts to ensure applications are complete using program assessment tools and Guidelines.
- Provide completed applications to relevant industry stakeholders for their information and approval.
- Ensure deposit for lease of Common Short Codes is received and processed.
- Draft/send letters authorizing the lease of Common Short Codes.
- Coordinate lease extensions and cancellation letters.
- Undertake customer service/follow-up calls as required.
- Perform on-going customer care communication activities with Common Short Codes lessees and wireless carriers.
- Enter information into appropriate Association databases and software applications and ensure profiles are accurate and kept updated.
- Assist in the on-going maintenance and management of the Association’s database of Common Short Codes information and other key financial and statistical indicators of the industry.
- Work with CWTA’s Compliance Coordinator to provide support as necessary, and to assist with monitoring and related compliance management activities.
- Industry Stakeholders: Schedule and participate in regular meetings and be responsible for minute taking.
- Applicants: Act as defined point of contact during the application and renewal process to ensure each application is managed efficiently throughout the process. Provide material as required.
- Consumers: Deliver exceptional customer service, including responding to consumer inquiries and complaints and ensuring they are properly investigated and actioned. Ensure that consumer concerns have been appropriately logged and communicated to relevant industry stakeholders.
- Internal: Work closely with Industry & Consumer Affairs team to ensure that objectives are being met. Provide back-up support to team members.
- Participate in other relevant industry meetings (CIC, MCC, Long Code Working Group, etc.) and be responsible for minute/note taking
- Support activities related to CWTA’s charitable arm, the Mobile Giving Foundation Canada (MGFC)
- Assist Senior Manager with ongoing and ad hoc projects such as annual audit, Project Management Portal development, Guideline review and updates, and website content updates.
- Degree or diploma in business administration.
- Work experience in business admin., clerical support, customer service or related fields, and some knowledge of Canadian wireless industry and terminology.
- Fluency in English is mandatory (French is an asset).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skilled at adhering to standards & best practices; and providing excellence in customer service.
- Ability to maintain focus and attention for detail when pivoting from one task to another, multiple times throughout the day.
- Highly organized, results-oriented, with excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, effectively manage time and successfully deliver on expectations while working under pressure in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Familiarity and proficiency using varied computer applications, software, and devices (Microsoft Office, database management).
- Mature, decisive, diplomatic, professional, and ethical.
- Positive, customer focused, collaborative team builder.
- Pragmatic, facilitator, inclusive, displays integrity, innovative.
- Strong work ethic, tactful, approachable, and consistent.
- Effective communicator, focused on quality and continuous improvement, depth of expertise.
How to Apply
Applications will be received for a two-week period beginning on September 24 and ending October 8, 2021.
Qualified applicants should submit a résumé and covering letter, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note in the subject line: Administrative Coordinator.
We thank all candidates who apply. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CWTA is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to maintaining inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted in relation to this recruitment process, please advise CWTA in a timely manner of any request for any disability-related accommodation. All accommodation-related requests must be sent in writing to Katherine Winchester, Vice President of Operations, at email@example.com. All information received relating to accommodation-related requests will remain confidential and will not form part of the information used during CWTA’s selection process.