- Hotel Association of Canada
- Ottawa, ON
- Job Category
- Admin/Clerical/Customer Service, Hospitality and Food Service
- Job Type
Position Title: Executive Assistant
Reports To: President & CEO
Organization: Hotel Association of Canada
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
The Hotel Association of Canada (HAC) is the leading voice of the Canadian Hotel & Lodging industry, bringing legislative solutions to industry challenges. We deliver targeted advocacy for fair rules for the sharing economy, to address Canada’s hotel labour shortage, and for sustainability solutions for the hotel industry across Canada.
This is a pivotal time for our industry and our organization. Our mission has never been more crucial. We’re searching for an experienced, dynamic Executive Assistant to join us and play an integral role in fulfilling that mission.
In this position you’ll provide an exceptional level of administrative support to our President & CEO, take a lead role in planning and supporting Board and Executive Committee meetings, support general office administration, and tackle ad hoc projects as they arise.
To excel in this role, as the right hand to our President & CEO, you need to be switched on, calm under pressure, quick on your feet, and highly organized. You’re positive, energetic, solutions-oriented and technologically adept. As a highly professional team player, you’re equally comfortable ordering office supplies as you are interacting with high-level industry and government stakeholders.
In addition to all that, as an absolutely perfect candidate you have experience on Parliament Hill, or in an Association setting.
While we value work/life balance and will go to great lengths to be flexible, this is a busy job and will require full attention while at work. Our CEO moves fast and has built a high-energy culture, focused on delivering results. This role is critical, valued and integral to the smooth operation and function of this high-performance operation.
Operations and office management
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the President & CEO, including managing agendas, schedules, communications, and travel arrangements.
- Ensure the smooth operation of HAC’s office, including setting up meetings in person and remotely, independent management of small projects, office reception, and liaising with vendors.
- Support the planning and administration of the annual HAC Conference.
- Support membership administration and database management.
- Support Government Relations activities and initiatives as required.
- Perform basic accounting tasks such as credit card reconciliations and data entry.
- Function as Board Secretary, engaging with Board members, organizing Board and Committee meetings, preparing agendas, coordinating travel and ensuring necessary logistics are in place.
- Develop and apply a clear understanding of relevant Board by-laws and voting procedures.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years of experience in an executive support role. Board support experience is a significant asset.
- Highly proficient in a range of software, including Office suite and remote conferencing and collaboration tools. Eager and able to master new tools and technologies.
- Energetic and self-directed.
- Experience in, or familiarity with the Hospitality sector.
- Flexible and adaptable; thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Thrives under pressure; driven to meet deadlines.
- Fluency in French is a significant asset.
HAC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provide accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.