Manager of Association Marketing
Who we are:
Redstone is made up of dedicated, intelligent, and hard-working individuals. We are a tech-savvy, digital-obsessed, and a Millennial-run agency striving to make a positive IMPACT on the event and association industry. We believe in establishing and maintaining TRUST with our team members and our clients. We strive to achieve ‘the best possible’, rejecting what is ‘simply acceptable’ in our mission to go the EXTRA MILE in everything we do.
At Redstone, we recognize that an organization’s success is completely dependent on the PEOPLE within it; that’s why we choose to only work with the very best. As a team, we work hard, are client-focused, and like to have fun. Enhancing our culture and the employee experience is a top priority at Redstone, so we value career growth and development by investing in you.
What we do:
We are an agency focused on delivering outsourced professional services to professional and trade associations. These services include membership management (retention and acquisition), board of director support, committee administration, sponsorship management, financial management, marketing, social and communications services, digital and hybrid event management, in-person event management, and so much more!
Our mission is to drive growth in our clients’ organizations, make a positive impact in their communities, and make the volunteer experience enjoyable for everyone we work with. Customer service is our passion.
Our office is located in midtown Toronto, with a flexible approach to hybrid and remote work, depending on the requirements of your role. We’re a full-service boutique agency with a growing team, which means you will work hard, have a lot of responsibility, you’ll be challenged daily, and you’ll work side-by-side with the senior leadership as you learn and grow within our company. We have a flexible hours policy – you work when you are most productive and we understand the need to have a work-life blend, because we have that need too.
Who you are:
- You are aligned with Redstone’s mission and our core values – please check them out!
- You have a university or college degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Nonprofit Management or another related program
- You have 2-5 years of relevant, full-time direct and indirect marketing experience in the professional or trade association industry or with member-based communities
- You have working knowledge of marketing (traditional and digital) and communications principles and best practices including strategy development and analytics
- You have experience writing compelling and strategic copy for web, social, email and print collateral
- You can listen to multiple ideas and differing opinions from stakeholders and are able to create a vision and marketing strategy that best supports the association’s needs
- You are a self-starter and take initiative, work without supervision, and begin projects independently (even while working in a virtual team environment)
- You can juggle priorities and adapt in a busy changing environment, managing multiple projects at once, and adhering to strict deadlines
- You have strong interpersonal skills, confidence, poise, integrity, and professionalism
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, time management, and must be detail and process oriented to be successful in this role
- You see changes in direction as opportunities, not roadblocks
- You have an eye for good design and are comfortable using Canva, Adobe Pro (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and basic skills in video editing software (or the aptitude to learn)
Considered an asset:
- Experience working at an Agency, and/or the Events and Association Management industry
- Experience managing direct reports
- Comfortable fostering relationships on behalf of the Company and meeting with clients, committees, and volunteers either in-person or via telephone/video call
- Experience with Association Management Software (AMS)
- Bilingual in English / French
What you’ll do:
The Manager of Association Marketing will manage a small but mighty team of 1-2 and report to the Director of Association Management & Development. This individual is responsible for creating the vision, consistent branding, and marketing strategies for ~5 or more of our Association Management clients. Our association clients range from industries such as real estate, property, law, post-secondary education, healthcare, city planning, and sponsorship marketing, just to name a few. This individual must have an in-depth understanding of the association industry and market with the intention to increase membership growth, member value, thought leadership and sponsorship for each client.
- Leading Association client marketing and branding efforts across various channels including but not limited to social media, content marketing, website, thought leadership, strategic partnerships, etc.
- Strategic thinking about how to position your Association clients and communicate with their team, committee, and board of directors to determine the best tactical approaches while working within budget (strategic thinking tactical execution will be crucial)
- Managing and elevating client social media pages by creating graphics, establishing and maintaining integrated marketing calendars, post content, moderate discussions, and performing regular updates to websites
- Ongoing quarterly research on industry conferences and events to determine where presence would be strategic and make business sense for your clients
- Ongoing industry research to position clients as thought leaders in their respective industries
- Understanding the dynamics of our client Associations and clearly communicate their needs and goals to membership, committees, volunteers, and the general public
- Attending and participating in client Board and Committee meetings where you will listen to several thoughts, ideas and differing opinions to confidently develop and share the best strategic marketing approach
- Monitoring general site statistics for clients’ websites, social media and digital marketing outputs (e.g., eNewsletters and eblasts) using both Google Analytics or similar software
- Creating and deploying digital marketing campaigns to support and maximize member growth, member value and retention, and consistent branding
- Ensuring that all marketing follows brand guidelines and the brand voice and creating such guidelines for associations who have not yet created them
- Developing and editing content for email blasts, digital ads, blogs, marketing collateral, social media posts, websites, etc.
- Analyzing and assessing the performance of campaigns and translate quantitative and qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising campaign strategies
- Supporting the budget process by making recommendations for annual marketing spend
Why Choose Us?
Work for a rapidly growing, culture-based company allows each employee the freedom to work and provide creative input. That alone has been an enticing offer for our team, allowing each of our members to expand and strengthen their skills and network. Here are just a few more reasons to work at Redstone:
- Health, Drug and Dental Insurance
- Employer paid Group Life Insurance
- Paid Company holiday between Christmas and New Years
- Paid sick days and personal days
- Flexible working hours (ensuring meeting client expectations and team check-ins) and summer hours
- Become fulfilled in work that matters by supporting the growth and business needs of non-profit organizations
- Opportunities to attend in-person and virtual conferences, workshops, industry accreditation and certifications for personal and professional growth through the company
- Travel opportunities to work at our events alongside our talented event staff
- Company events and team engagement initiatives to enhance the remote working culture such as team lunches (in and out of the office), step challenges, happy hours, game nights, holiday and summer parties, charity participation, and more!
Please email your resume and cover letter to Ryenn Cadesky at email@example.com with the role you are applying for in the subject line.
Due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted with next steps.
More search results
Direction des affaires insitutionnelles et économ…
Conseil des industriels laitiers du Québec
Associate Executive Director, Finance & Administr…
Canadian Museums Association
Executive Director, Defeat MSA Canada
Greater Moncton REALTORS®
Camp Quality Canada