The Forum for International Trade Training (FITT) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing international business training, resources and professional certification to individuals and businesses. Our international business training solutions are the standard of excellence for global trade professionals across Canada and around the world.
FITT Core Values
All FITT employees are expected to operate under the following core values:
- Collaboration: We build purposeful, professional, and mutually beneficial relationships.
- Quality: We strive for excellence in providing products/services that deliver premium value to our clients.
- Client Focus: We adapt to changing environments to maintain relevance for our clients.
- Diversity: We value, respect, and develop diverse talents and teams.
Overview of Position
The Certification Program Manager is responsible for managing and implementing the daily operations of the certification program to ensure it is operating in a consistent, defensible, and reliable manner. As part of this role, you will 1) manage and support the design, development, and maintenance of various activities and projects related to the CITP certification program, including the planning and execution of certification exam development activities; 2) collaborate with key stakeholders, including the Certification Council, to identify and prioritize new certification needs; and 3) assist with the development of growth strategies for the program.
This position is suited to an individual who thrives in working in a small business environment requiring a combination of strategic thinking and a hands-on approach. As a small organization you will be involved in a variety of assignments; your work will be simultaneously independent and interdependent, including cross-functional team-based work, and at times will require you to take on tasks that may fall outside of your own job remit.
- Uphold and improve upon FITT’s certification program standards
- Manage and implement certification program activities
- Identify improvements and opportunities based on analysis of certification program performance results and satisfaction feedback
- Support Certification Council implementation activities
- Manage and implement the daily operations of the certification program
- Manage and implement the certification examination development cycle, which includes review, analysis, and updates to the International Trade Competency Framework, CITP Competency Profile and CITP Professional Examination
- Identify, manage, and implement enhancements to the certification program platforms
- Update and create informative and engaging certification program resources, including support materials
- Work with key stakeholders to define and prioritize certification program needs
- Develop needs assessments and/or proposals for certification projects
- Manage certification program vendors to ensure compliance with contracts and overall satisfactory performance
- Maintain and enforce certification program policies and procedures, identifying risks and opportunities, recommending corrective actions, and implementing approved actions
- Conduct regular review and analysis of certification program feedback and performance data, propose recommendations, and implement approved actions
- Identify, engage, and manage outsourced subject matter expert and vendor relationships to ensure outsourced work meets FITT needs and quality requirements
- Support efforts and activities of the Certification Council
- Develop and implement annual certification program plan, identifying growth strategies and operational opportunities to enhance efficiencies and client experience
- Establish operational and outcome-based success metrics, and drive to completion
- Report on progress of activities/projects, risks, and outcomes
- Support certification program budget activities
- Manage and develop stakeholder communications
- Ensure quality of work from all inputs by undertaking technical functions such as: editing, proofreading, assessment of quality, etc.
- Special projects and other duties as required
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional project management skills: ability to prioritize, focus, lead, delegate, adapt
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience in managing projects, which was gained through managing complex projects
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience in managing teams
- Post-secondary degree and/or relevant experience and professional development and/or project management certification
- Strong knowledge and handling of project and program management methodology and techniques
- Ability to work at both a strategic and tactical level (hands-on) to achieve results
- Tech savvy and strong skills in data management systems
- High level of attention to detail, with an ability to produce high-quality work efficiently
- Flexibility in managing a variety of tasks and coping with a demanding workload
- Experience with small / medium businesses and/or not-for-profit sector
- Experience working with and/or management of International Organization for Standardization (ISO) accredited programs
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing personalized customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Fluency in English and French (preference will be given to bilingual candidates all else being equal)
- CITP, FITT Certificate or Diploma Holder
Application Deadline: December 13 2021
More search results
Direction des affaires insitutionnelles et économ…
Conseil des industriels laitiers du Québec
Associate Executive Director, Finance & Administr…
Canadian Museums Association
Executive Director, Defeat MSA Canada
Greater Moncton REALTORS®
Camp Quality Canada