The Canadian Gift Association (CanGift) is the voice and entrepreneurial spirit of Canada’s $10 billion giftware industry. Since 1976, our not-for-profit association has worked hard to make our members more competitive and successful. CanGift is committed to being a force for positive change, acting as the industry’s best-known and most trusted “partner in growth” for businesses big and small. We bring our members (giftware wholesalers, distributors, manufacturers, importers and exporters) together with buyers (both local and international) at our bi-annual trade-only markets to build brands and professional reputations, relate best practices and communicate ideas that make a real business difference. We are currently seeking an energtic and customer service focused person to join our team as Membership Coordinator.
The Membership Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day activities of the Member Services Department, including but not limited to the coordination and administration of CanGift membership applicants, maintenance and updating of the CanGift membership database and filing system, and the coordination and administration of CanGift member benefits and programs. This position must understand and adhere to the strategic goals and objectives of the association, and will exercise resourcefulness, professional judgment, and discretion in the execution of responsibilities within established policies, regulations, and guidelines.
Specific Duties and Function:
- Assist and correspond with applicants through all aspects of the Membership Application process.
- Assist Members in obtaining Benefits and Services offered.
- Maintain, and update as needed, member records in the Membership Database.
- Conduct the complete Annual Membership Renewal process, including updating materials, verifying database and member records, and ensuring smooth distribution of renewal documents.
- Prepare and distribute information to members.
- Address enquires from members, non-members and staff concerning members, membership benefits, policies of the Association and the giftware industry in general including company name changes
- Provide benefit suppliers, and CanGift staff with Membership Updates.
- Develop Prospecting Campaigns to increase the association’s membership base.
- Conduct Booth Inspection for product / company compliance at the Toronto Gift + Home Market.
- Coordinate and ship materials related to the Member/ Retail Resource areas to the CanGift Markets.
- Address enquiries from members, non-members and staff concerning membership, benefits, policies of the Association and the giftware industry in general.
- Monitor member use and satisfaction of Existing Programs and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Liaise with member benefit suppliers and address supplier concerns.
- Identify opportunities to Develop New Services, including contact potential suppliers, negotiations, development of promotional materials and launch of initiative.
- Assist Members in obtaining Benefits and Services Offered and address member concerns.
- Assist Vice President of Finance, Membership, IT with correspondence and follow-up, as required.
Experience and Skills we are looking for:
- Hard-working, diligent, pro-active self-starter.
- Organized, careful, detail-oriented, and capable of managing multiple tasks, deadlines, and resources efficiently.
- Works independently and as part of a team environment, with equal ease and minimal supervision.
- Mature, responsible, dependable, trustworthy, honest, with a high level of integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure with excellent accuracy while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) in English. Knowledge of additional languages, such as French, an asset.
- Proven, excellent customer service experience.
- Ability to remain calm when dealing with difficult people or situations.
- Computer literate with thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and database management.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a personal vehicle.
- Previous non-profit and membership related experience an asset.
- Work schedule is Monday to Friday at our Toronto office.
- Attendance at the bi-annual Toronto and Alberta Gift + Home Markets, as required, including weekend, early morning, and late-night meetings/functions.
- Competitive compensation
- Health and dental benefits including life insurance and travel coverage
- Matching group RRSP contributions
- Paid personal and sick days
- Convenient west Toronto location near Pearson airport with free parking
No in-person or telephone inquiries. Please send your resume via email in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com . Include Membership Coordinator in the email subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those short-listed will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, Canadian Gift Association requires all new hires to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the start of employment, subject to medical and human rights exemptions, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). The Canadian Gift Association will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your needs.
More search results
CPA Ontario Foundation
CEO - Children's Mental Health Ontario
Four Corners Group Inc.
Ontario Produce Marketing Association (OPMA)
Operations and Administration Coordinator
Base Consulting and Management Inc.
Bilingual Legal Information Officer, Law Society …
Law Society of Ontario