- Speech-Language & Audiology Canada
- 1 Nicholas St.
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
Speech-Language & Audiology Canada (SAC) is a national non-profit association that represents over 6,800 communication health professionals (speech-language pathologists, audiologists and communication health assistants). We are currently seeking a talented and creative bilingual Multimedia Graphic Designer to join our team. Would you like to work with a forward-thinking and enthusiastic communications team? Then this could be the perfect position for you!
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing, the Multimedia Graphic Designer ensures that the association’s brand is clearly and consistently communicated on all media platforms. The Multimedia Graphic Designer translates the passion and dedication of our member professions into compelling digital and print materials. A thorough knowledge of current graphic design trends enables the Multimedia Graphic Designer to take the lead on artistic direction and make recommendations that will help SAC achieve its strategic goals.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing, the Multimedia Graphic Designer, also manages the design and production of SAC’s academic journal, The Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology (CJSLPA). As brand steward, she or he will ensure consistent, quality control of SAC communication across the organization to elevate its profile and its member professions.
Graphic Design & Multimedia
- Provide artistic direction on all SAC projects that have a graphics component
- Develop original compelling digital imagery using photography, illustration and video/audio footage and includes creating charts, graphs, infographics, communications/marketing, promotional collateral, webcasts, banner ads and website sliders while managing publication schedules
- Work as part of the SAC communications team and cross functionally with internal stakeholders to support SAC communications initiatives including to develop and implement new ideas for graphics, collateral and website content
- Maintain the visual integrity of the SAC brand and sub-brands by ensuring adherence to the SAC Style Guide
- Develop new sub-brands, consistent with the SAC brand, for new programs and special projects
- Layout official documents in adherence to the SAC Style Guide and ability to create Adobe fillable forms
- Act as an in-house resource for other SAC staff members in terms of graphics, templates and document layout
- Coordinate printing quotes and production jobs, preparing files for print media and assist in printer proof approvals
- Provide technical and design support for all SAC websites
- Manage the banner ad publication calendar for all SAC websites
- Review and report on SAC website and social media analytics
- Upload and layout SAC website content
- Assist in production of Communiqué (SAC’s blog), includes overseeing translation and layout/design
Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology (CJSLPA)
- Work with the Editor-in-Chief, Editorial Assistants, contributing authors and other staff members to publish SAC’s peer-reviewed journal
- Manage all elements of production for CJSLPA, including ensuring style-guide adherence, updating production calendar, overseeing the editorial process, translation, layout/design, posting and distribution and includes managing external graphic design contractor services
- Work on special projects, as assigned by the Director of Communications and Marketing
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years of professional work experience in graphic design
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary degree or diploma in graphic or multimedia design or a related program
- A high level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, along with a strong working knowledge of content management systems, HTML, and CSS
- Strong knowledge of printing/publishing procedures and standards
- Extensive knowledge of digital workflows in both MAC and PC environments
- Experience working in a medium (15-person) not-for-profit environment is an asset
- Communication Skills– Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Organizational Skills– Extremely well-organized and detail oriented. Ability to set priorities, work under pressure and meet firm deadlines
- Project management skills–Demonstrated ability to effectively run multiple concurrent projects, plan schedules and set priorities within tight timelines
- Forward-Thinking– Brings an innovative and forward-thinking approach to all initiatives and tasks
- Problem Solving– Ability to develop and communicate solutions/responses to diverse problems/requests
- Initiative– Displays a high level of initiative with the ability to recognize and anticipate what needs to be done
- Interpersonal Skills – Congenial personality with the ability to get along with many different types of people.
- Staff at all levels
- CJSLPA Editorial Team
- SAC members and associates
- CJSLPA authors/contributors
- Translators, consultants and vendors
- Reports to the Director of Communications and Marketing
- Makes independent decisions, as appropriate, related to the above responsibilities
- Organizes workload and sets priorities to meet deadlines on a number of concurrent activities
Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset for this position.
The work within the scope of this position requires an individual with a flexible work schedule, who can work some evenings/weekends, when required. This position is based in the Ottawa office.
- Full-time (35 hours a week)
HOW TO APPLY
If you think your personality, skills, education and experience make you the person for the job, we’d love to hear from you!
Send a cover letter explaining why you would be a great addition to our team, along with your salary expectations, your résumé and your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for priority selection is December 6, 2021, the position will remain open until filled and rolling interviews will be conducted as soon as qualified applications are received. No phone calls please. Please write “Application for SAC Multimedia Graphic Designer” in the subject line of your email.
We offer a competitive salary, summer Friday’s program in July and August, Pension Plan with matching program, Health Benefits and a flexible work plan. Please note that due to the ongoing constraints of the COVID-19 Pandemic this position is home based with planned return to in-office mid to late November.
SAC is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our membership and employees. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to diversification of our association including, but not limited to, people with disabilities, Indigenous people, racialized people, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, we will only contact candidates we have selected for an interview.
More search results
DIRECTOR OF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Ontario Association of Social Workers
Vice President, Ontario Government Affairs
Director of Administration
Canadian Paint and Coatings Associaiton
Bilingual Membership Specialist
Mortgage Professionals Canada
Speech-Language & Audiology Canada