OASW is the voice of the social work profession in Ontario. We are focused on expanding awareness of the value of social workers and building relationships that foster engagement with current and future practitioners to strengthen the wide-ranging field of Social Work and the Association. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of our communities and profession. We seek to achieve an inclusive representation from all equity groups. Members of all races, ethics origins, religions, abilities, gender identities and expressions and sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.
OASW continues to expand and deliver exceptional education opportunities that support competency and professional development of social workers across the province. Our focus on professional development provides relevant and timely learning opportunities for Ontario social workers while adding value for our 7700+ members. We are looking for a full-time Director of Professional Development. This exciting hands-on opportunity requires you to develop and execute the learning strategy, and introduce, engage and embed a continuous learning mindset. If you are a collaborative and engaging individual, we want to hear from you.
What We Offer:
- Association with rapid growth in membership and team over the last two years
- Comprehensive vacation and benefits
- Hybrid working model
Overview of Position
In this role, you will be responsible for the development, implementation and effectiveness of current, leading edge professional development and educational programs for social workers. You will:
- Be responsible for the critical oversight of high quality and well executed program delivery that incorporates an equity lens to address and meet the needs of Black social workers, Indigenous communities, and racialized populations
- Develop and design course program content and strategy.
- Work with faculty and subject-matter experts to plan province-wide educational offers.
- Oversee the evaluation of all educational and professional development activities, including program delivery, participant experience, effectiveness of instruction, staffing and resourcing.
- Develop quarterly and annual curricular goals and outlines for new curriculum and curriculum updates.
- Foster program growth and expansion.
- Identify and lead a team in curriculum development and program delivery.
- Nurture your team’s performance through coaching and mentorship.
- Collaborate with the CEO and OASW team to implement and market new products and curriculum improvements.
- Make decisions/recommendations based on KPIs, survey results, and qualitative data.
- Report on key outcome-based metrics and insights to stakeholders.
- Actively pursue opportunities to continue to learn and keep current on best practices in curriculum writing through research, professional development, and other learning opportunities.
What You Bring to the Position
You are a passionate team leader with professional or post-graduate education in delivering technical and professional educational services (such as webinars and eLearning). You have demonstrated success at leading complex projects and educational program development, and you can work across multiple business domains with internal and external partners. You also come with:
- A Master’s degree.
- At least 3+ years’ experience in a post-secondary institution, association, non-profit, or corporate learning.
- Proficiency with learning management systems (LMS).
- Experience leading projects and grants.
- Experience hosting large and small seminars, webinars and other educational events.
- Understanding of website design best practices.
- A passion for business analysis and project management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
More search results
Direction des affaires insitutionnelles et économ…
Conseil des industriels laitiers du Québec
Associate Executive Director, Finance & Administr…
Canadian Museums Association
Executive Director, Defeat MSA Canada
Greater Moncton REALTORS®
Camp Quality Canada