Senior Office Coordinator
The Electrical Contractors Association of Ontario (ECAO) is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated, and personable individual to join our compact and dynamic team as a full-time Senior Office Coordinator. The Senior Office Coordinator will provide high-level administrative support to the Executive Director and other staff members, attend meetings for minute taking, and manage various projects as required. The successful candidate will be privy to confidential and private information and must demonstrate high levels of discretion in handling these matters.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Being ECAO’s primary contact for all administrative matters, issues, concerns and procedures, and handing office activities
- Providing administrative support to the Executive Director and Labour Relations Manager
- Providing support to other members of the team on a variety of projects, including administrative support (acting as backup for office assistant as necessary)
- Attending meetings to take minutes and preparing minutes in a timely manner
- Providing assistance with planning ECAO’s annual conference, AGM, and other workshops, including arranging speakers, venues, etc.
- Developing and managing administrative systems and processes
- Preparing and editing correspondence, reports and presentations
- Coordinating meetings
- Providing quality customer service
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in an office environment
- Proficient in Word and MS Excel
- Fluency in English both verbal and written
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Exhibit a positive and professional attitude and demeanour
- Demonstrate initiative and the ability to work unsupervised
- Knowledge of construction industry and unionized work environments is an asset
If you meet the requirements of this role, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 3, 2021 at 11:00 p.m. with the job title in the subject line. Please outline your salary expectations in your cover letter.
Applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives are encouraged to apply.
ECAO is committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process, please inform the recruiter and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates. We regret that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
The Electrical Contractors Association of Ontario (ECAO) is the voice of unionized electrical contractors across Ontario. We are a progressive & influential organization that represents a large constituency of more than 500 employers in dealing with our labour partners at the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) & with various levels of government. For more information, please visit www.ecao.org