Associate Executive Director, Finance & Administration
The Canadian Museum Association (CMA) is the voice for Canada’s vibrant museum community, from small, volunteer-driven organizations to cherished national institutions, and for the millions of Canadians whose lives are enriched by museums. It advocates for supportive public policies, helps build skills across the profession, and fosters networks and connections to strengthen and sustain museums and enhance their contribution to society.
The CMA is an equal opportunity employer that is strongly committed to removing barriers in the hiring process for historically marginalized people, including those who self-identify as belonging to the diverse Indigenous communities or who self-identify as Black, Racialized, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, people with lived and living experience of mental health problems and illnesses, women or those belonging to the many equity-deserving communities.
The Canadian Museums Association (CMA) is seeking an experienced, dynamic and progressive individual to lead the organization’s finance and administration functions as its new Associate Executive Director, Finance & Administration.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Associate Executive Director, Finance & Administration is a progressive and strategic manager who will ensure that our finance, human resources, IT and facilities management systems, processes and people are well positioned to enable the CMA to fulfill its mission as the voice of Canada’s museums and heritage institutions. They will work closely with the CEO to ensure that the CMA embraces diversity and inclusion, promotes employee well-being and professional growth, and becomes a recognized employer of choice.
- Direct the management and control of the accounting functions, including asset/liability management, risk and performance management and reporting
- Support the planning and development of the annual budget
- Oversee and evaluate organizational performance against budgets and plans
- Manage reserve funds, including implementation of multi-year investment strategies
- Oversee the preparation of annual audited financial statements; liaise with external auditors.
- Oversee and support the effective delivery of the CMA portfolio of programs.
- Oversee the development, implementation and management of HR strategy, policies and processes, ensuring optimal organizational and individual performance.
- Oversee the evaluation, enhancement and management of the Information Technology, Information Security, and business systems infrastructure, including managing relationships with Managed Services Providers.
- Develop and maintain effective business continuity plans.
- Oversee risk management strategy and processes, including conducting annual risk assessments.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is committed to creating and maintaining a healthy and safe workplace that embraces diversity, employee well-being and professional growth. They are a strategic thinker and planner, with the ability to foresee, analyze and mitigate risk. They are a progressive, collaborative, engaging leader with the passion and energy to build relationships, empower teams, and play a lead role in driving the association’s mission and maximizing its impact. They embrace technology and technological advances and know how to leverage them to advance the organization’s mission and the well-being of its staff.
- CA or CPA designation.
- Minimum of eight (8) years progressive experience in Finance/Accounting.
- Significant experience leading and/or managing the Finance function in not-for-profit organization(s).
- Significant experience negotiating and/or managing government contribution agreements.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Values integrity and transparency and can demonstrate the ability to lead and innovate in uncertain times.
- Experience in membership-based organizations is a strong asset.
- Experience overseeing and leading a progressive HR function
- Some experience overseeing IT and Facilities Management programs.
- Experience leading budget development processes
- Bilingualism (English/French) is a significant asset.
Please send a resume as well as a cover letter outlining why this role is of interest and how you would contribute to the CMA’s success to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than December 20, 2021.
We are committed to offering accommodations for individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Training Development Officer / Agent ou agente d’…
National Association of Federal Retirees - 284749
Alliance of Canadian Building Officials' Associations
Chief Executive Officer
Appraisal Institute of Canada
Executive Director, Provincial Capital Commission
Government of Saskatchewan
CPA Ontario Foundation