Membership Marketing & Engagement Manager
- Head Office/Hybrid Model Hamilton Ontario
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
Membership Marketing & Engagement Manager
Calling all marketing superstars!
Want to be a part of an organization that represents some of the hardest working health care professionals out there?
We are the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science and our members are the heroes working behind the scenes getting us through this pandemic. We are looking for a Membership Marketing & Engagement Manager to join our award-winning team!
Join us and use your marketing superpowers to drive our member recruitment and retention. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, you will work closely with our Membership, Certification and Research departments to learn about our members and processes and deliver engaging marketing, learning and event initiatives. This role acts as a crucial link between departments so relationship building, strong communication and project management skills are imperative.
Your keen attention to detail, creativity, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and strong sense of accountability will help drive value for our organization and our members. You’re excited about rolling up your sleeves, implementing big ideas, both leading and learning from those around you.
About the Position
- Develop and implement annual marketing plans for CSMLS
- Build and maintain membership sales/engagement funnels
- Oversee the conceptualization, design, copywriting and production of all marketing collateral across a variety of digital and print media
- Design and implement retention and win-back campaigns
- Maintain effective relationships with external suppliers including graphic designers, printers and promotional product suppliers
Learning & Events
- Manage logistical requirements of CSMLS external events including but not limited to venue, food & beverage, accommodations, registration, sponsorship, speakers, exhibit space (i.e. events hosted for CSMLS members, not internal meetings)
- Negotiate contracts relating to CSMLS internal (committee) meetings for meeting space and accommodations
- Lead the planning and execution of the monthly Insight Speaker Series digital events
- Lead the planning and execution of digital, live, and hybrid symposia
- Work with Content Advisory Committee and Scientific & Education Review Committee to ensure relevance and quality of educational content
- Identify, recruit and maintain relationships with subject matter experts that can contribute to CSMLS learning product
- Collaborates in the development of the annual operational strategies/goals and budget; ensures strategies are achieved
- Continually evaluates marketing and learning programs to ensure standards are achieved and alignment with Member Value Proposition; recognizing opportunities for improvement in any of these areas and implements changes as required
- Effectively manages the human resources of one direct report, volunteers, and speakers/authors
- Leverages current technologies, including HigherLogic (email and marketing automation), iMIS (membership database), and TopClass (Learning management system)
- Effectively manages the financial resources of the programs
Requirements & Competencies
- Post-secondary education, (Diploma/Degree), in marketing or a related field of study
- 5+ years experience in a similar role, preferably at an association or member-based organization
- Solid project management skills
- Knowledge of marketing concepts, including experience with digital and email campaigns
- Strong written, verbal and digital communication skills
- Ability to manage volunteers and the deliverables generated by them
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to lifelong learning
- Ability to creatively share ideas and concepts in a persuasive manner
- Effective budgeting and financial stewardship
- Bilingual (French/English) an asset
- CSAE membership an asset
It is a requirement that all employees are fully vaccinated.
This position is permanent, full time 37.5 hours per week.
As an organization we have decided to work a hybrid model, meaning there will be some in-office days and some working from home days. Currently working mostly remote/from home due to COVID-19.
Some travel and extended hours may be required in this role.
About the CSMLS (csmls.org)
The CSMLS is a nationally incorporated not-for-profit, voluntary professional association and certification body. We hire and promote diverse people with the skills to fit our varied roles, but we all share a common set of ideals and principles. They are:
Respect Everyone Aim for Awesome
Always Adapt Be Dependable
Keep Learning Our Members are Everything
These principles help us build a great organization that creates great member experiences and fosters a great work place environment.
Starting salary $55,000-65,000 commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and education.
Other perks include: Pay for performance increases & bonuses; Comprehensive, employer paid group benefits; Employer-matching pension plan; Generous vacation entitlement (starting at three weeks); Free parking; Employee Assistance Program; Tuition reimbursement/professional development opportunities; Health and Wellness programs, Company events and social gatherings; Paid volunteer time; Work Perks program (Perkopolis); Summer hours; Paid shutdown between Christmas and New Years.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter by January 10th to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title.
CSMLS is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. We seek qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion, who will contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives, and especially welcomes applications from indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) peoples, members of racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women, and persons who identify as 2SLGBTQ+
If you are contacted regarding an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation. If an applicant or successful candidate request an accommodation, their needs will be discussed with them and adjustments made to support them.
More search results
Regional Director – Ontario & Atlantic Canada
Surety Association of Canada
Manager of Operations
Conference for Advanced Life Underwriting
The Professional Institute of the Public service of Canada (PIPSC)
Administrative Assistant IV (Meeting and Event Pl…
Ontario English Catholic Teachers' Association
Manager of Communications