It is an exhilarating time at Workplace Safety & Prevention Services (WSPS) and the company is looking for two inspirational and collaborative individuals to join its board of directors.
WSPS is a dynamic, not-for-profit organization and a key player in Ontario’s occupational health and safety system. Serving 167,000 member organizations and 4.1 million employees in the province’s manufacturing, agriculture and service sectors, it helps businesses prosper through the establishment of healthy work environments. Uniting community and business leaders to create positive change, WSPS protects potential through its team of safety experts, focus on innovation in emerging areas and commitment to fostering organizational cultures of health and safety.
The governance needs of WSPS are met through a volunteer board of directors consisting of 12 independent directors and the CEO. Normal rotation of board members requires that two new members be appointed in 2021. The board is seeking interested applicants with the following professional and personal qualifications:
- One director who has health & safety experience, a strong background in risk-based thinking, risk management and evidence-based decision making.
- One director who has government relations, policy development, public relations, and strong political acumen. Familiarity with government grant/transfer payment recipient oversight, an asset.
For both positions, senior-level experience in at least one of the follow subsectors would be beneficial:
- Agriculture & Horticulture
- Commercial Industrial Services
- Durable Goods Production
- Film & Live Performance Tourism & Hospitality
- Food, Pharmaceuticals & Personal Products
- Restaurant & Food Services Retail, Wholesale & Office Television
- Vehicle Industrial Equipment Manufacturing
- Vehicle Sales & Service.
Preference will be given to candidates that represent a member firm or organized labour
Other preferred skills and experience:
- Previous board experience
- Knowledge or experience of corporate governance principles and best practices.
- Financial literacy at a level appropriate to the size and scope of WSPS.
- Superior personal and communication skills.
- Commitment to the mission of WSPS, the work of the board and a governance environment that is based on trust, accountability, transparency and respect.
In your response, please provide a cover letter that highlights how your education, skills and experience meet our requirements. Applications in response to this public call are to be received on or before January 28, 2022. Applications should be directed to Michelle McCloskey firstname.lastname@example.org.
More search results
Training Development Officer / Agent ou agente d’…
National Association of Federal Retirees - 284749
Alliance of Canadian Building Officials' Associations
Chief Executive Officer
Appraisal Institute of Canada
Executive Director, Provincial Capital Commission
Government of Saskatchewan
CPA Ontario Foundation