Executive Director, Visual Arts Mississauga
Position: Executive Director, Visual Arts Mississauga
Visual Arts Mississauga (VAM) at Riverwood – Where Mississauga Creates!
VAM is a premier visual arts centre and gallery in central Mississauga. The facility, owned by the City of Mississauga and built exclusively for VAM is located in the heart of urban Mississauga in beautiful Riverwood, a 60-hectare (150 acre) property of forest, riverbank and meadow nestled along the banks of the historic Credit River. The building was designed by architect Brian Brownlie and opened in 2003, the one-story Art Centre features Frank Lloyd Wright inspired architecture utilizing slate and cedar on the exterior and floor to ceiling windows in its studio classrooms. The property was a local Iroquois hunting ground in the 1400s; housed early farmsteads in the 1800s and became a private country estate in the early 1900s.
The Board of Visual Arts Mississauga is seeking an inspired and inspiring Executive Director to lead an established team in assuring the VAM continues to flourish and shine as a pillar arts organization in Mississauga.
- Progressive leadership experience in a non-profit organization of similar size and scope, leading and managing teams; ideally, experience in projects tied to the arts
- Working with, or on, a Governing Board would be an asset
- Demonstrated success in obtaining funding/preparing grant requests
- Strong financial acumen: experience in budgetary responsibility including setting and adhering to a budget while possessing the ability to understand financial reports at a working level
- Comfortable in leading e-media channels
- Success with remote training technology
- Experience in visual arts (an asset)
Skills, Attributes and Values
- Strong presentation skills and communicator (written and verbal)
- Track record or reputation for a collegial style: garners the respect of colleagues, fosters employee engagement
- Values diversity: able to pull divergent views and perspectives together, building on common ground while fostering creativity
- Respectful of the organization’s current success while demonstrating foresight, perceiving and seeking opportunities for the future
- Able to balance vision with pragmatism and recognize financial realities
- Objective, maintain equanimity while being firm when required
- Able to engage others and lead through change
- A balanced strategic thinker – sees the big picture
- Maintains and strengthens relationships with stakeholders (city staff, city politicians; members; the Board; instructors, staff; sponsors and other community organizations - both public and private sector)
- Demonstrates a passion for the arts
- Minimum of one relevant post-secondary degree such as arts, communications, or business, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Salary and Benefit Information
- $70,000 - $80,000 commensurate with experience
This search is being conducted on behalf of Visual Arts Mississauga by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector, on behalf of our clients.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter in two separate documents (PDF or Word) by email to email@example.com by January 31, 2022.
For more information about the position, please contact Janice Wooster at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.388.4049.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this information – we’d be pleased to connect with them.
More search results
Digital Health Canada
Manager Training and Professional Development / G…
IAP2 Canada / AIP2 Canada
BOMA Nova Scotia
Assistant Deputy Minister Government Digital Expe…
Ministry of Citizens’ Services
Program Assistant, Professional Development and M…
Canadian Association of Optometrists