- Working Remotely
- competitive salary, as well as a performance-based
- Job Category
- Job Type
Executive Administrator Job Posting
In Canada, we are fortunate to be able to take the safety and integrity of our buildings for granted. This is because of the unheralded and largely invisible work of thousands of professionals who affectively administer the construction, energy, and other safety codes across the country. The Alliance of Canadian Building Officials’ Associations (ACBOA) is the national non-profit body that represents the construction and safety code administration profession in Canada, with a mandate to enhance professionalism and capacity for code administration nationwide.
We are seeking a professional Executive Administrator to manage the day-to-day business of ACBOA, and enhance our capacity to achieve our strategic goals.
Executive Administrator Job Responsibilities:
The Executive Administrator is responsible to the ACBOA Board of Directors for:
- Working with Standing and Project Committees to plan, organize, direct, and control ACBOA operations and programs
- Developing operating and project budgets and monitoring ACBOA operating accounts
- Providing regular reports on ACBOA operations and special projects to include accurate and timely analysis of progress, results, variances, and performance trends
- Providing guidance to consultants and volunteers assigned to ACBOA operations and projects
- Overseeing the development and execution of operations-based financial modeling (in collaboration with the Treasurer)
- Participation and oversight of annual budget reviews, monthly and quarterly reviews, and periodic forecast updates in collaboration with the Board, individual project leads, and the Treasurer
- Overseeing the organization’s digital infrastructure and presence, including IT licenses, hardware/software, website, etc.
- Actively seeking funding and revenue opportunities for ACBOA, including grants, sponsorships, affiliations, and collaborations with other agencies and organizations.
- Ensuring that ACBOA services and funding are aligned and robust in order to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives
Work Hours and Benefits
ACBOA is a “digital first organization”- as such this is a remote/virtual work position
- This is 1/2 time (nominally 20 hours a week) position to begin; as the activities of the organization ramp up through 2022, it is anticipated that this will increase to a full-time equivalent position in the future
- ACBOA offers a competitive salary, as well as a performance-based incentive system, which rewards employees for exceeding agreed operational targets performance goals.
Executive Administrator Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated leadership and management in a remote work environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic setting
- Project management skills in a non-profit environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to manage grants, proposals, and sponsorship activities with multiple donor organizations and levels of government
- Ability to take initiative and seize opportunities
- Ability to work independently
- Creative problem-solving skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in a business discipline is preferred
- 5 or more years of financial management experience in an operational environment
- 5 or more years of management or supervisory experience
- Relevant experience in the industry is considered an asset
- Managing remote project teams is an asset
This is an ideal position for an individual wishing to step up into an association management role, or for an experienced association manager seeking to step back from a full-time commitment. If you believe you’re up to the challenge of helping ACBOA grow, please send us your CV detailing your experience, along with a sample of your writing and a cover letter that lets us know you're the right fit for this position.
Reply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 18th, 2022.
We appreciate all applicants and will acknowledge receipt and maintain communication throughout the selection process.
More search results
Regional Director – Ontario & Atlantic Canada
Surety Association of Canada
Manager of Operations
Conference for Advanced Life Underwriting
The Professional Institute of the Public service of Canada (PIPSC)
Administrative Assistant IV (Meeting and Event Pl…
Ontario English Catholic Teachers' Association
Manager of Communications