Acting Executive Director (Maternity Leave Position)
About the Canadian Association of Fairs and Exhibitions (CAFE)
For almost 100 years, CAFE has focused on helping industry reach its full potential. We do this by organizing professional development, advocating for our industry’s interests and providing unique learning opportunities. We currently reach to 743 fair and exhibition organizations and countless service providers across Canada. The Canadian fair and exhibition industry sees more than 35 million visitors each year through their 17,000+ events and activities, with an estimated economic impact of $2.9 billion on local communities, the majority of those being rural.
Canadian fairs and exhibitions have been a substantial and integral part of the fabric of Canadian life for centuries and many have been in existence prior to Canada’s confederation. These time-tested organizations host premiere Canadian events that established and continue to maintain our national identity.
The Acting Executive Director is responsible for executing against our shared vision; leading the association in pursuit of its purpose in partnership with the President, Executive Committee and Board of Directors; engaging association members, government and other stakeholders; and growing the capacity of the association and therefore the Canadian fair industry through the creation of compatible new revenue streams, and the provision of new programs and services. The Executive Director will be responsible for providing his/her own office space in a mutually agreed location in or near a Canadian city or town.
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors you will participate in implementing the shared vision to guide the organization. You will be responsible to represent C.A.F.E. at various activities and events to enhance the association's community profile, while challenging and leading a small professional team.
- You will oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the association's programs and services, marketing and communication and ensure that the programs and services offered by the association contribute to the association's mission and reflecting the priorities of the Board.
- Working with the Board, you will secure adequate funding for the operation of the association by identifying funding sources, and overseeing the development of fundraising plans. You will provide the Board with comprehensive, regular reports on the revenues and expenditures of the association.
- You will be responsible to ensure that the brand of the association grows and is consistently presented in a strong, positive light to members, government and all stakeholders by communicating the work of the association and to identify changes in the community served by the association.
- You will maintain the strong working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, and other stakeholders to achieve the goals of the association.
- You will work with the Board of Directors on governance policy issues by providing support and by initiating approved recommendations or actions, ensuring compliance to minimum standards in accordance with all government legislation, regulations and guidelines.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, optimistic and have worked in a self-directed and dynamic environment with experience delivering on multiple priorities and will hold the following qualifications:
- Working knowledge of and passion for fairs, festivals and events
- Sound knowledge of financial and human resource management
- Previous success leading in the non-profit sector
- Demonstrated ability to work with a Board of Directors and staff to implement the Board’s vision and objectives
- Experience in fundraising and government reporting
- Professional, interpersonal skills including written and verbal
- Comfortable and engaging public speaking skills
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and salary expectations no later than June 3, 2022 to email@example.com. Association management companies (AMCs) are welcome to apply.
More search results
Sea to Sky Meeting and Association Management Inc.
Registered Veterinary Technologists and Technicians of Canada (RVTTC)
Manager, Database Marketing
Assistant, Professional Development and Events
Canadian Institute of Actuaries / Institut canadien des actuaires
Assistant Deputy Minister Legislative Transformat…
Declaration Act Secretariat