Coordinator, Social Media and Professional Development
Established in 1972, TESL Ontario is a non-profit organization serving the needs of teachers of English as a Second Language (ESL) and English Literacy Development (ELD). In its commitment to professional development and advocacy, TESL Ontario addresses the range of competencies, experiences, and issues which influence the success of immigrants, refugees, visa students, and others who are learning English. There are 12 Affiliates throughout Ontario and approximately 4500 TESL Ontario members. Please visit the “About Us” section on our website www.teslontario.org for more information about our organization and TESL Ontario’s accreditation process.
The Coordinator, Social Media and Professional Development is responsible for fostering online communities, and member engagement for TESL Ontario's 4500 members. The coordinator will oversee the production of education and professional development content in relation to our volunteer teams, as well as coordinate our social media presence and develop online member communities.
Duties & Responsibilities
Social Media and Member Engagement
- Actively promotes and raises the profile of TESL Ontario and the TESL Profession.
- Fully responsible for the management of TESL Ontario social media to promote the TESL Ontario brand and raise the profile of the TESL profession with assistance from volunteers of the Social Content Committee. This includes representing TESL Ontario in digital conversations, marketing of key member services and professional development opportunities, posting content related to the English Language training, social media analytics, and review of trends in the language training profession.
- Develops monthly social media calendar to provide consistent guidance and expectations for all social media volunteers.
- Identifies opportunities and strategies for increased member participation and engagement in the work of the organization, online spaces, and develop inclusive online member communities.
- Assists with the creation of TESL Ontario branded images for social media use
- Assists with designing and sending mass E-mails to TESL Ontario's members.
- Maintains and updates TESL Ontario webpages that pertain to the role of Coordinator, Social Media and Professional Development.
- Monitors all TESL Ontario social media platforms and online interactions
- Remains up-to-date with the latest social media best practices and technologies.
- Coordinates with Conference Manager to carry out various aspects of annual conference planning.
- Coordinates professional development projects related to associated volunteer teams including:
- Oversees operations of webinar teams, including development of bi-monthly webinars, recruitment and training of presenters, moderators and webinar team volunteers
- Oversees operations of blog team, including development of weekly blog posts, promotion of blog site, and recruitment and training of blog writers and blog team volunteers.
- Oversees operations of other volunteer teams as required (TESL Exchange, TESL Dialogue, and YouTube team. Including recruitment and training of new team members, and assisting volunteers to carry out the mandate of their teams.
- Oversees videos editing volunteer team to ensure branded video production of webinars, YouTube resources and social media promotional videos.
- Identifies opportunities for new professional development initiatives.
- Occasionally attends TESL Ontario Professional Development events which may occur after regular working hours.
- Oversees management of assigned volunteer teams, including webinar team, blog team, YouTube channel teams, and video editing team.
- Serves on the Social Content and Conference Planning committees, and assists other working committees and teams as requested.
- Coordinates TESL Ontario volunteer relations including planning national volunteer week celebrations, and online annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Attends committee and volunteer team meetings which may occur after regular working hours.
- Ensures all volunteers abide by a code of conduct including confidentiality and appropriate professional behaviour.
- College Diploma/ University Degree in a relevant field
- 2-5 years experience in social media management
- Excellent knowledge of social media best practices for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube
- Excellent knowledge of both Zoom meeting and webinar
- Event planning and/or webinar development experience an asset
- Blog management experience an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative team member who thrives on taking initiative
- Highly resourceful, outside the box thinker
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of basic website editing an asset
- Knowledge of graphic design tools (e.g. Canva, Photoshop etc.) an asset
- Video editing experience an asset
Competitive salary and benefits package.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is May 18, 2022.
Thank you to all those applying; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
More search results
Sea to Sky Meeting and Association Management Inc.
Registered Veterinary Technologists and Technicians of Canada (RVTTC)
Manager, Database Marketing
Assistant, Professional Development and Events
Canadian Institute of Actuaries / Institut canadien des actuaires
Assistant Deputy Minister Legislative Transformat…
Declaration Act Secretariat