Coordinator, Network Volunteer Experience - BILINGUAL
Canadian Parents for French is seeking an experienced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial individual to work as
Position: Coordinator, Network Volunteer Experience - Bilingual
Location: Flexible: Remote or Hybrid Model* if located close to Ottawa, ON
Reports to: Executive Director, National
We are looking for an excellent communicator and effective team player who can work collaboratively to deliver dynamic and engaging volunteer programs and services. Your main objectives will be to:
- Coordinate support and services to Canadian Parents for French volunteers in collaboration with CPF Branches including recruitment and orientation strategies, onboarding, training, evaluation and their recognition.
- Lead the staff and volunteers in using the volunteer management database/ software, tools and resources, to increase volunteer engagement and satisfaction.
- Act as the key point of contact for communication bringing forward new initiatives and creative Network strategic direction in volunteer recruitment and retention efforts.
- Provide supervision and coaching to ensure all staff offer professional, client-centered support which enables culturally agile and excellent service.
- Educate, coach and support organizational leaders and staff on the importance of strengthening our work with local volunteers.
- Monitor and ensure volunteer program service quality, innovation, participation, utilization and evaluation.
HOW TO APPLY
The successful candidate will enjoy working with a small team in an exciting “get stuff done” environment. Send a cover letter explaining why you would be a great addition to our team along with your résumé with salary expectations either in Word or PDF format, to the attention of Cathy Stone at email@example.com. Please indicate “VOLUNTEER ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR” in the subject line.
- Closing Date for Applications: 4:00 p.m. EDT, Friday, May 13th, 2022.
- Interviews will be scheduled between May 16th and 20th,
- Ideally start date is June 6th, 2022.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Canadian Parents for French is committed to employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily on their resume if they are a woman, an Indigenous person, a person with a disability, a member of the LGBTQ2S+ community or a member of a visible minority group. Accommodation is available during all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please make your request known when contacted.
- Full time employment contract position (37.5 hours) with renewal on a yearly basis, based on confirmed funding.
- Salaried position is commensurate with experience and qualifications: $45,000 TO $60,000 and eligible for Group Benefits (Health/Dental, Life Insurance & Disability) after 90 days.
- The selected candidate’s performance will be evaluated after the completion of a three-month probationary period.
- Proof of vaccination against Covid 19 required; possess the ability to continue to comply with vaccination policy.
- Vulnerable sector check required.
- * Hybrid Work Model - The CPF National office is moving towards a hybrid working model which allows employees to telework up to 50 percent of the time, balanced over a two-week period.
QUALIFICATIONS – Knowledge / Experience / Key Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both official languages with a strong attention to detail. Bilingualism is a strong asset as select CPF volunteer positions require strong competency in French.
- Certificate in volunteer management and/or equivalent combination of education and experience such as a post-secondary diploma within not-for-profit management.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience managing a medium to large volunteer program in a not-for-profit association, working within an outreach office or community service centre working with volunteers.
- Must have understanding of and demonstrated experience with Better Impact or similar volunteer management database.
- Excellent experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to develop ideas and create new opportunities for the organization, take initiative, identify the need for and take independent action within a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, problem solving and planning skills, strong time management skills, ability to establish priorities and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to build rapport and credibility with staff and volunteers, potential volunteers along with ability to develop strategic partnerships to build the capacity of volunteer engagement programs to meet annually agreed-upon volunteer recruitment targets.
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity and people skills. Ability to develop opportunities to engage youth and adults from a broad range of backgrounds and ages, cultures, socio-economic backgrounds, gender, sexual orientation, income, and language level to ensure CPF program accessibility to all.
- Candidates must legally be entitled to work in Canada.
- Able to work evenings and weekends as required. The position will require occasional travel.
- Knowledge of Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement and the steps involved in the Volunteer Screening process.
- Experience in the volunteer/not-for-profit sector, member or volunteer-driven organizations is considered an asset.
- Supports promoting learning of both official languages and a bilingual Canada.
ABOUT CANADIAN PARENTS FOR FRENCH
Canadian Parents for French is a nationwide, research-informed, volunteer organization that represents 35,000 members across Canada. We are located across the country with 10 Branches and offices, and 135+ local community Chapters. We believe the ability to communicate in more than one language fosters creative, empathetic and adaptive people who access far-reaching opportunities and enhance the social and economic prosperity of our country. Canada has an enviable capacity to ensure that upcoming generations develop this ability in both official languages. We work to ensure that all learners have the opportunity, support and motivation to learn and use French.
More search results
Sea to Sky Meeting and Association Management Inc.
Registered Veterinary Technologists and Technicians of Canada (RVTTC)
Manager, Database Marketing
Assistant, Professional Development and Events
Canadian Institute of Actuaries / Institut canadien des actuaires
Assistant Deputy Minister Legislative Transformat…
Declaration Act Secretariat