Education & community manager
Education & community manager
The individual in this role is responsible for the management of the Institute's education portfolio, guided by a Learning Strategy. They oversee the development and delivery of learning programs that strategically advance the body of professional planning knowledge and support members to achieve their continuous professional learning requirements. Additionally, the individual is responsible for providing logistical support to OPPI Districts and other member communities.
- Develops, curates, and schedules the Institute’s education program, guided by the principles of the Learning Strategy, to deliver a comprehensive offering of educational materials for OPPI members which includes in-classroom and/or virtual workshops, webinars, District and partnership events, a members-only, on-demand streaming platform, magazine articles, blog posts, etc.
- Lead and manage the project team tasked with development of an annual conference program and other one-day forums, working with dedicated volunteers and other OPPI staff. Oversees the call for presentations, a jurying process, and curation of specific conference content.
- Administers learning programs including liaising with instructors, setting learning goals, tracking registration and financial information, and monitoring instructor and learner performance.
- Supports OPPI Districts with their annual planning, budgeting, logistics, and marketing of district learning events.
- Coordinates and supports volunteers within OPPI Districts to share, exchange and collaborate on the development and delivery of local education programs.
- Uses appropriate tools and resources to assess, monitor and evaluate the learning needs of members and their relation to competency-based planning practice
- Supports OPPI’s “evergreening” process including survey dissemination, analysis and reporting for events, digital forums, focus groups, etc.
- Manages annual budgets for education program and District programs.
*Other duties as required
Post-Secondary Degree or equivalent in experience. Continuous Learning and/or Project Management preferred. Experience in adult learning and professional development preferred.
One staff member: Education & Events Coordinator
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- 3 years of relevant work experience including demonstrated application of adult learning principles
- 3 years of relevant work experience working with volunteers and/or committees, preferably with Chapters/Districts
- Project management skills and the ability to lead project teams
- Computer Literacy in a Windows environment including database management, website navigation and social media platforms
- Working knowledge of current technologies for program/course delivery preferred
- Working knowledge of survey methodology and development preferred
- Knowledge of planning processes and the profession are an asset
- Works in a hybrid (from home and in-office) environment
- Ability to move throughout the office area
- Alternates between sitting, standing, and moving within the work area
- Must be able to manipulate equipment used in performance of tasks
- Other demands include but not limited to oral, written, and presentation/communications skills
- A valid driver’s license is preferred
- This position will require occasional early morning, evening and/or weekend work to support in-person events.
Note: Job Descriptions are not intended to “list” all duties/responsibilities of any position. The objective of this Job Description is to provide an overview of the job, outlining the primary accountabilities as well as indicating the typical education and experience requirements. Employees acknowledge that the duties and responsibilities may be modified from time to time by the Company.
More search results
Chief Operating Officer
PFM Executive Search / Panorama Search Partners
Business Development Manager
Executive Director / Directeur général ou Directr…
The New Brunswick Medical Education Foundation
Administrator, Executive Office, OACETT
Volunteer Activity Co-ordinator
Ontario Bar Association