Bookkeeper and Administrative Assistant
- Toronto, Ontario
- Bookkeeper Administrative
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance, Admin/Clerical/Customer Service
- Job Type
Association & Events Management International
Position: Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant (full time)
Location: Remote and office located at Carlton Street & Yonge Street, Toronto
A small association management company is looking for a Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant to provide support in a broad range of areas. The successful candidate is a self-starter, takes direction and works well with others; is exceptionally organized and has a broad range of high level office skills, including strong computer skills. Experience working in a small office or a non-profit setting will be an asset.
- Act as bookkeeper for the association management company and its nine client associations. This includes:
- Handle bank deposits, prepare digital and cheque payments.
- Record all receipts and disbursements.
- Perform monthly reconciliations and prepare financial statements.
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Keep track of bank balances.
- Follow the financial policies of the company and respective client associations.
- Prepare materials for the annual audits.
- Prepare and file GST/HST returns and where necessary, QST returns.
- General administrative duties and ordering office supplies.
- Liaise with service providers/vendors as needed.
- Process memberships and maintain databases.
- Support for conferences including managing the registration and housing lists.
- Bachelor’s degree or Community College diploma/certificate in a related field, plus three to five years of bookkeeping/administrative experience within the not-for-profit sector. A combination of senior level administrative experience coupled with volunteer experience within the sector will also be considered.
- Extensive experience with QuickBooks Online and RBC Express.
- Superior organizational and communication skills, tact, diplomacy and sound judgement.
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Professional, website maintenance, Survey Monkey, Constant Contact.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to problem solve and troubleshoot.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent command of English grammar and writing abilities.
- French skills in reading and speaking are an asset.
Diversity is a core value at Association and Events Management International. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment for all. We lead with our values and beliefs that enable team members to develop their potential, bring their full self to the workplace, and engage in a world of inclusion. We know that having varied perspectives helps generate better ideas to solve the complex problems of a changing and increasingly diverse world.
We appreciate all applications however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Interested candidates are invited to apply stating compensation expectations.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
More search results
Vice President, Finance and Corporate Services an…
Canadian Partnership Against Cancer
ADMINISTRATOR: Human Resources / Accessibility,…
Ontario English Catholic Teachers' Association
Nurse Practitioners Association of Ontario
Toronto Community Hostel
Ontario Environment Industry Association (ONEIA)