The Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI) currently has an opening for a Manager of Finance & Administration.
The individual in this role directs the financial and administrative work of the institute including financial management, facility management, human resources, payroll management, operational and information technology management.
The position reports to the Executive Director.
OPPI is a not-for-profit Ontario Corporation best described by visiting www.ontarioplanners.ca. Representing approximately 4,000 practicing planners across the province and 500 student members, our members work for government, private industry, community agencies, and academic institutions. OPPI is the recognized voice of the province's planning profession, providing leadership on policy related to planning, development, the environment, and related issues.
Principal responsibilities and duties:
- Prepare the Institute’s annual budget engaging the leaders of all departments.
- Responsible for all day-to-day accounting functions including accounts payable/receivable, cash management, invoicing, receipts and refunds, government and tax remittances, bank and credit card reconciliations and month-end close.
- Ensure all finance activities are compliant with Canadian standards for not-for-profit organizations and that sound internal control processes are in place and managed accordingly.
- Produce monthly financial statements for the Institutes leadership team to enable them to track progress against annual goals and produce more detailed quarterly financial statements for the Board of Directors including actuals vs budget, forecasts and variances.
- Manage all human resources and payroll functions including employee contracts, benefits, RRSP contributions, compensatory and personal time off requests and reports.
- Monitor the financial aspects of contracts; negotiate and maintain all contracts, leases, and insurance policies.
- Proactively schedule and lead the Institute’s annual audit reporting to the Executive Director and Executive Committee following receipt of Auditor’s Report.
- Manage the Institute’s physical space and related systems acting as primary contact for office equipment and tenant related inquiries, ensuring equipment is always in good working order and that office supplies are stocked as needed.
- Direct strategy development for IT infrastructure in partnership with a 3rd party supplier; monitor and evaluate systems, policies, and procedures, recommending and making hardware/software purchases as needed, managing all hardware/software and domain licenses, renewals and passwords.
- Ownership of all employee policies/programs as well as the organization’s financial and investment policies, records management policies, risk management policy, and operational policies ensuring 3–5-year updates as required.
- Escalate issues to the attention of the Executive Director that exposes the organization to risk
OPPI is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed.
More search results
Administrative Assistant, Net Zero Energy Housing
Canadian Home Builders' Association
President & CEO
North York General Foundation
Manager of Communications and Marketing
Speech-Language & Audiology Canada (SAC)
Event and Marketing Coordinator
Mechanical Contractors Association of Canada
Manager, Stakeholder Relations
Canadian Home Builders' Association