Stakeholder Relations and Communications Specialist
Position: Stakeholder Relations and Communications Specialist
Closing date: February 24, 2023
How to apply: Please email cover letter and CV to PGO at email@example.com
The Professional Geoscientists Ontario (PGO) is a self-regulatory organization governing the practice of professional geoscience in Ontario. The PGO office is a small team of professionals, that was established in 2000 and is located downtown Toronto. This team is committed to the maintenance of high standards of professional practice of Geoscience in Ontario, for the purpose of protecting the public and the environment. PGO reports to the Ontario Minister of Mines.
PGO is searching for a dynamic individual to join the team in the position of Stakeholder Relations and Communications Specialist. This position supports the functions of the Director, Internal and External Affairs, including in the areas of internal and external communications, stakeholder relations, planning and implementing special events and providing support to Council and Committees. This position is also responsible for managing and maintaining digital communications including website maintenance and development, and social media and communications, while ensuring compliance with the Professional Geoscientist Act, 2000.
Stakeholder Relations, Communications and Events
- Supports the stakeholder relations initiatives of PGO, which includes but not limited to supporting all aspects of volunteer management, development of a variety of communication tools and messaging to internal and external stakeholders on various topics including registration, continuing professional development events, university outreach, Annual General Meeting, Council election and general information about the core mandate of PGO
- Assists in the development of communications procedures and objectives, manages and implements internal and external communications, ensures compliance with PGO Guidelines
- Supports PGO Committees, including in the provision of administrative support and coordination and the development of professional practice guidance.
- Contributes to the planning, development and implementation of the PGO Annual Symposium
- Coordinates annual council elections which involves creating candidate profiles, ballots and bios.
- Creates the PGO Annual Report including development of the design, layout and assembling of relevant materials
- Assists in managing PGO’s exhibits at conventions and conferences
- Collects and edits content from news, mainstream media, staff and registrants for the weekly Newsletter (Field Notes)
- Manages and publishes all PGO communications on social media posts including image refinement
Website Development and Maintenance
- Working with a provider, designs and maintains the PGO website including introducing new content and page layouts
- Produces graphic work for website including banner displays and image refinement
- Coordinates web page development in both CMS and FTP platforms
- Integrates website layout with mobile use
- Produces Google Analytics reports to share with CEO and staff
- Updates Home and Events pages with content and within defined timelines
- Creates links for external vendors to include job postings on career page
- Troubleshoots website errors and maintains general functionality of website
- Creates new videos for the PGO website for orientation, lectures and online zoom chats
Other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested by Management
Education: A University Degree or a College Diploma in stakeholder relations or public relations and communications or equivalent is required. Additional background in Business Administration would also be an asset.
Experience: A minimum of five plus (5+) years of relevant work experience is required. Experience with not-for-profits, including regulatory authorities and/or government would be an asset.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience in developing communications policies and protocols
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills and experience with editing and presentations
- Pro-active in identifying opportunities for compelling content that promotes PGO’s public protection mandate and advancing professional practice.
- A strong team player
- Hands-on experience and understanding of digital communications, branding design, print and web principles
- Adept with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) Adobe Acrobat and CMS database
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
- Organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage competing deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Ability to effectively problem solve
Why should you join the team?
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefits including a health care spending account
- RRSP Program
- Generous Paid Leave
- Professional Development
- Remote Work from Home on occasion
Although employees may work from home occasionally, this position will work from our downtown Toronto office. Following the pandemic, staff are returning to the office part-time. The health, safety and well-being of our employees is our top priority so proof of vaccination will be a condition of employment.
We are committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities and encourage you to contact us if you have questions regarding accessibility or accommodation.
We encourage all qualified individuals to submit applications, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are looking to join a dynamic team of individuals that value integrity, innovation, team building and best in class member services, we want to meet you.
More search results
Fisheries Council of Canada
Specialist, Member Relations
Associate Executive Director/Operations Manager
Events and Conference Manager
Chief Executive Officer / Chef de la direction
The Canadian Medical Association (CMA) / Association médicale canadienne