Volunteer Board of Directors Member
- Job Category
- Job Type
Board of Directors
WORKPLACE SAFETY AND PREVENTION SERVICES
Influence. Advocate. Transform.
Workplace Safety & Prevention Services (WSPS) is a dynamic, $43-million organization and a key player in Ontario’s occupational health and safety system. Serving 165,000 member organizations and 4 million employees in the province’s manufacturing, agriculture and service sectors, it helps customers establish healthy work environments where employees thrive, and businesses prosper. Uniting community and business leaders to create positive change, WSPS brings prevention to life through its team of safety experts, focus on innovation in emerging areas, and commitment to fostering organizational cultures of health and safety.
The governance needs of WSPS are met through a volunteer board of directors consisting of 12 independent directors and the CEO. Normal rotation of board members requires that one new member to be appointed in 2023. The board is seeking interested applicants with the following professional and personal qualifications:
- One director who currently occupies a senior position with broad oversight of Human Resources. Legal background or familiarity with unionized environment, an asset.
Preference will be given to candidates that represent a member firm.
Senior-level experience in at least one of the follow subsectors would be beneficial:
- Agriculture & Horticulture
- Commercial Industrial Services
- Durable Goods Production
- Film & Live Performance Tourism & Hospitality
- Food, Pharmaceuticals & Personal Products
- Restaurant & Food Services Retail, Wholesale & Office Television
- Vehicle Industrial Equipment Manufacturing
- Vehicle Sales & Service.
Other preferred skills and experience:
- Previous board experience
- Knowledge or experience of corporate governance principles and best practices.
- Financial literacy at a level appropriate to the size and scope of WSPS.
- Superior personal and communication skills.
- Commitment to the mission of WSPS, the work of the board and a governance environment that is based on trust, accountability, transparency and respect.
In your response, please provide a cover letter that highlights how your education, skills and experience meet our requirements. Applications in response to this public call are to be received on or before May 26, 2023. Applications should be directed to Michelle McCloskey firstname.lastname@example.org.
More search results
Regional Director – Ontario & Atlantic Canada
Surety Association of Canada
Manager of Operations
Conference for Advanced Life Underwriting
The Professional Institute of the Public service of Canada (PIPSC)
Administrative Assistant IV (Meeting and Event Pl…
Ontario English Catholic Teachers' Association
Manager of Communications