Administrative Assistant IV (Meeting and Event Planner)
- 65 St. Clair Avenue East, Yonge and St. Clair Ave
- $78,870 - $86,832 not inclusive of overtime
- Job Category
- Admin/Clerical/Customer Service, Travel and Tourism
- Job Type
The Ontario English Catholic Teachers' Association (OECTA), representing 45,000 teachers in Ontario's publicly funded Catholic schools, invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant IV (Meeting and Events Planner). The position will work under the direction of the Manager of Operations. The individual will provide support to all areas of the department: events, building management, production as well as purchasing and procurement. Special emphasis will be placed on event software management and logistics.
In addition to regular duties, the successful candidate will have the ability to work effectively and professionally with internal and external parties such as suppliers, printers, conference venues, hotels, etc. They will have the judgment to discern what information may be shared with these individuals and how and when to maintain confidentiality. An understanding and willingness to perform overtime as the need arises for events.
The individual will be reliable in their attendance and complete their assignments in a timely manner. They will have the initiative to work independently as well as in a team environment. They can complete, in advance, duties related to functions that occur cyclically. Due to the nature of the work of the Operations Department, they must have the ability to remain calm and focused while prioritizing multiple assignments, often under short deadlines.
We are looking for someone who has:
- 1-3 years of experience working on an event or conference from inception to completion (preferably large meetings and events).
- Completion of a post-secondary program in a related field.
- Working knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Extensive event software management experience.
- Ability to manipulate raw data from event software programs to produce event materials such as name tags, attendance reporting for the purposes of reimbursement and any other logistics required for event planning.
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records such as online event registration data, supplier contracts, inventory management, meeting materials, and procurement material.
- Intermediate, or higher, level in the current Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel.
- Proven organizational skills to manage multiple assignments, work with multiple departments to meet short deadlines and long term planning.
- Ability to prepare correspondence for signature, or under own name, to provide routine information in response to enquiries, to convey instructions, or to make enquiries.
- Understand of accessibility, inclusion, diversity, and equity issues as they relate to event logistics and planning.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, demonstrating diplomacy, tact, and a professional manner.
- The ability to deal with difficult situations with empathy and patience.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure and with deadlines.
If you want to be a part of creating something truly exceptional, and you’re a hard working, responsible individual who takes ownership of their work, we’ll give you an environment you’ll thrive and succeed in.
OECTA is committed to providing our employees with an empowered, supportive, inclusive, and diverse working environment. All permanent employees have access to:
- Competitive Salary
- Defined Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Benefits
- Religious Holy Days
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Wellness Resources
- Regular work hours are Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
- This position is required to work occasional overtime in the mornings, evenings and weekends.
Work Location In person, except when at offsite events and functions.
Start Date: Immediate
The Ontario English Catholic Teachers’ Association is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. Applicants with lived experience as an Indigenous person or a member of an equity-seeking group are encouraged to self-identify in their covering letter.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and all other applicable legislation, The Ontario English Catholic Teachers’ Association is pleased to accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please let us know if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
Qualified candidates are required to submit a cover and résumé electronically to the attention of Cindy Robidoux, Manager of Executive Administration and Human Resources.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about the Ontario English Catholic Teachers’ Association visit www.catholicteachers.ca
More search results
Regional Director – Ontario & Atlantic Canada
Surety Association of Canada
Manager of Operations
Conference for Advanced Life Underwriting
The Professional Institute of the Public service of Canada (PIPSC)
Manager of Communications
Coordinator, Advocacy & Diversity and Inclusion (…