- The Professional Institute of the Public service of Canada (PIPSC)
- Ottawa, Ontario
- PIPSC - Executive Director
- Job Category
- Job Type
Are you looking for a new adventure with a focus on social responsibility?
Are you inspired by the labour movement and want to have a positive impact in a member-driven organization?
PIPSC is currently seeking an exceptional individual and inspiring leader for the essential role of
PIPSC values diversity. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community and membership. PIPSC is an inclusive workplace.
A newly created position under the direction of the Board of Directors and the supervision of the President, the Executive Director (ED) is responsible for
What will I do?
- Utilize your ability to lead a team of senior leaders and staff in shaping the vision and operations of the Institute by implementing strategic objectives and policies to benefit our members.
- By collaborating with elected leadership, the Institute’s Executive Secretary and senior management, the ED will ensure the implementation of operational priorities, direction and outcomes for continuous process improvement.
- Engage your curious nature and process-driven expertise to identify and put in place risk management processes for the Institute.
Who do I work with?
- This role includes overall responsibility for the Finance, Information Technology, Facilities, Project Management Office and Corporate Services functions, overseeing the work of member engagement initiatives.
How will I be successful?
- This exciting opportunity will appeal to someone who wants to lead and guide a team of competent professionals using an empowering and inclusive style. You are a relationship builder, possessing emotional intelligence, diplomacy, sound judgement and superior communication skills.
- Equipped with an understanding of labour relations and the labour movement, you are respected for your diplomacy, insight, and collaborative nature, as well as for your administrative and organizational management skills.
- As a leader, you encourage an environment for your staff and senior leaders to engage in critical and constructive conversations in addition to demonstrating political acuity.
- You bring a university degree in public administration, business, human resources, industrial relations, or a related field of study, and 8-10 years of progressively responsible work experience in operational and administrative leadership. Public service, NFP or NGO experience
- At minimum, you have reasonable bilingual proficiency. If you are not fully bilingual, you have an interest in improving your language capabilities.
What is the offer?
- Full-time, indeterminate (35 hours per week)
- Salary range is $144,793 to $187,698 per year
- Generous leave package
- Strong pension and benefits packages
- Hybrid work environment with requirement to be located in the National Capital Region; relocation package may be considered.
What is next?
Should you wish to learn more about this unique leadership opportunity, please call (in strictest confidence) Mike Lupiano at 613-862-2999, Nicole Poirier at 613-915-5030, or email your CV and letter of introduction to:
If you require accommodations and support during any stage of the recruitment process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted so that we may reasonably accommodate you during the process.
We thank all those who an express an interest; however, only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.
Founded in 1920, the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada (PIPSC, the Institute) has over 70,000 members and is the largest union in Canada representing scientists and professionals employed at the federal, provincial, and territorial levels of government. The Institute (PIPSC) was founded to protect the interests of professional public employees and is the bargaining agent for more than 41 knowledge-based groups and negotiates with 27 different employers in seven jurisdictions. Please visit our website at www.pipsc.ca.
More search results
Director Government Relations
Odgers Berndtson - 203282
Chief Executive Officer
Species Conservation Action Agency
Chief Operating Officer
Fraser Valley Real Estate Board
Chief Executive Officer
Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC)
EDUCATION LIAISON MANAGER/GESTIONNAIRE DE LIAISON…
The Appraisal Institute of Canada