Chief Executive Officer
- Brampton Board of Trade
- Brampton, ON
- Competitive compensation package
- Job Category
- Job Type
We are seeking a dynamic and visionary leader to serve as the CEO of the Brampton Board of Trade. As the CEO, you will play a pivotal role in driving economic growth, advocating for the local business community, and fostering a thriving business environment for Canada’s ninth largest and fastest-growing major city. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a significant impact on the city's economy and shape its future.
Location: Brampton, ON, Canada
Salary: Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience
The Brampton Board of Trade connects with governments of all levels and advocates for pro-business regulations and policies. Our work with key stakeholders in the local economy encourages and creates a thriving business-friendly environment. Some of our main goals include:
- Providing businesses with a competitive edge through development opportunities and cost savings programs.
- Connecting businesses on a local, national, and global scale to help them build strategic partnerships.
- Collaborating with our members to tackle specific problems and offer solutions when it comes to investment, talent acquisition, building key infrastructure and more.
Strategic Planning & Program Management:
- Develop and implement a strategic vision for the Board of Trade, aligned with the city's economic development goals.
- Seek partnerships and sponsorships to support Chamber initiatives and community development projects.
Membership Development and Engagement:
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders, including business leaders, government officials, and industry associations, to influence public policy decisions and promote the business community.
- Drive business development initiatives, attracting new businesses, investments, and talent to the city.
- Provide innovative and valuable programs and services to Chamber members, fostering member engagement and satisfaction.
Leadership & People Management:
- Work in collaboration with Chamber team and relevant community groups to accomplish objectives and fulfill responsibilities.
- Responsible for recruiting, onboarding and managing Chamber team members, volunteers and contractors.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment that promotes innovation, teamwork, and open communication.
- Oversee the financial operations of the Chamber, ensuring responsible budgeting, accurate financial reporting, and sound fiscal management.
- Identify and pursue diverse revenue streams, including membership dues, sponsorships, advertising, subscriptions, grants, and fundraising opportunities.
- Provides the board with regular revenue and expenditure reporting
Marketing & Public Relations:
- Serve as the primary spokesperson and advocate for the Board of Trade, representing the interests of its members to government officials, community leaders, and the media.
- Collaborate with local business associations, community organizations, and educational institutions to promote economic development and address common challenges.
- Represent the Board of Trade at regional and national conferences, fostering knowledge-sharing and staying updated on best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, public administration, or a related field (Master's degree and Certified Chamber Executive designation preferred).
- Proven executive leadership experience, preferably in a similar role or in the business community.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of economic development principles, policies, and practices.
- Exceptional communication and public speaking skills, with the ability to effectively represent the Board of Trade and engage diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with government officials, business leaders, and community stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to analyze complex issues, anticipate trends, and develop innovative solutions.
- Financial acumen and experience in budgeting, financial management, and fundraising.
- Ability to inspire and lead a diverse team, fostering a culture of collaboration, professionalism, and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of the local business community, its challenges, and opportunities.
- Familiarity with the political landscape and regulatory environment at the local, regional, and national levels.
The Brampton Board of Trade is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, or any other protected ground as outlined by the Province of Ontario.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the Brampton Board of Trade is committed to providing accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com or 1-289-748-1870 x 101.
Application Process: To fill this position, the Brampton Board of Trade has engaged HR Advisory firm Culture Up HR Solutions. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter highlighting your qualifications and vision for the Board of Trade, to the attention of Masha Ali at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is Monday, October 2, 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest in the Brampton Board of Trade, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further evaluation.
More search results
Director Government Relations
Odgers Berndtson - 203282
Chief Executive Officer
Species Conservation Action Agency
Chief Operating Officer
Fraser Valley Real Estate Board
Chief Executive Officer
Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC)
EDUCATION LIAISON MANAGER/GESTIONNAIRE DE LIAISON…
The Appraisal Institute of Canada