ADMINISTRATOR: Human Resources / Accessibility, Inclusion, Diversity and Equity
- 65 St. Clair Avenue East, Yonge and St. Clair Ave
- Starting Salary Range: $90,000 – 93,000
- Job Category
- Admin/Clerical/Customer Service
- Job Type
The Ontario English Catholic Teachers' Association (OECTA), representing 45,000 teachers in Ontario's publicly funded Catholic schools, invites applications for the position of Administrator – Human Resources / Accessibility, Inclusion, Diversity, Equity.
The Administrator provides confidential administrative support to the Human Resources Manager and the Accessibility, Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity (AIDE) Lead. The Administrator is responsible for all aspects related to the effective operation of the Human Resources and AIDE offices. The individual will also be called upon to support members of our C-suite for confidential matters.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
General administrative support to the Human Resources and AIDE offices including:
- drafting a variety of confidential correspondence and reports;
- assisting with special projects and research;
- drafting and updating communication materials; and
- acting as a liaison with departments and staff at all levels.
Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources the Administrator will complete a broad range of tasks including:
- data entry in UKG Dimensions including the compilation of reports.
- maintains accurate employee filing systems (electronic/paper);
- assists employees with their general human resources inquiries and prepares employment verification letters;
- arranges and schedules appointments, meetings and interviews;
- assists with recruitment activities including posting jobs, screening potential candidates, participating in interviews and conducting reference checks;
- assists with onboarding and orientation of new staff;
- assists with the maintenance of policies and manuals;
- assists with training initiatives; and
- minute and note taking;
Under the direction of the Accessibility, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Lead, the Administrator will play a key role in supporting and enhancing employee and member experience by promoting a culture of continuous learning, awareness, understanding, and skills development. The Administrator will support the AIDE Lead as follows:
- assists and updates the AIDE webpage and learning portal (Percipio);
- assists with data collection and reporting of AIDE initiatives through the effective use of project management tools;
- maintains and supports communication with internal and external AIDE contacts;
- supports the Diversity Advisory Board;
- assists members and staff with accessibility needs;
- supports ongoing AIDE best practice desk research;
- maintains the diversity and equity calendar and sends notifications to staff; and
- acts as a liaison between the Human Resources and AIDE offices to assist in coordination of initiatives.
Qualifications and Competencies
The Administrator must have considerable experience in administrative support, have an interest in Human Resources and the ongoing development of AIDE initiatives. The ideal candidate has an exceptionally keen attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. To succeed in the role, the incumbent should posses the following skills:
- Diploma or degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related experience.
- Ideally a minimum of five years’ experience supporting senior level management positions working with and maintaining confidential information.
- Practical experience using advanced levels of Adobe, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office 365 applications including but not limited to: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Forms, Lists, etc.
- Working knowledge of AIDE and/or interest to learn.
- Proficient in leveraging LinkedIn and other professional sourcing platforms for candidates.
- Experience in the accurate taking and production of minutes and notes.
- File management and data entry experience.
- Impeccable grammar, editing and proof-reading skills.
- Must have the ability to use discretion and tact when providing information and/or referring questions as appropriate within the Association.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrating diplomacy and tact.
- Proven organizational skills to supervise and manage multiple assignments and meet short deadlines with the ability to multi-task, deal with ambiguity and reprioritize tasks in response to unexpected changes in priorities/requests.
- Ability to independently achieve high performance goals with demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability, seeking opportunities to improve efficacy.
- Flexability to work outside business hours and travel as required.
OECTA is committed to providing our employees with an empowered, supportive, inclusive, and diverse working environment. All employees have access to:
- OMERS Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Benefits
- Wellness Resources
- Opportunity for some remote work
The Ontario English Catholic Teachers’ Association is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. Applicants with lived experience as an Indigenous person or a member of an equity-deserving group are encouraged to self-identify in their covering letter.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and all other applicable legislation, The Ontario English Catholic Teachers’ Association is pleased to accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please let us know if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Director Government Relations
Odgers Berndtson - 203282
Chief Executive Officer
Species Conservation Action Agency
Chief Operating Officer
Fraser Valley Real Estate Board
Chief Executive Officer
Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC)
EDUCATION LIAISON MANAGER/GESTIONNAIRE DE LIAISON…
The Appraisal Institute of Canada