Membership & Events Coordinator
Location: Downtown Ottawa, required to work onsite for a minimum of two to three (2-3) full days a week and up to four (4) days depending on work priorities (and 4 four days at the in-person conference in Ottawa early May).
The Conference for Advanced Life Underwriting (CALU) is Canada’s professional association for leaders in the life insurance and financial advisory industry. We provide our 600+ members with high-quality education and with opportunities to connect, stay informed and share ideas on how to enhance the financial well-being of Canadians.
Along with our partner organization, Advocis, we speak for 7,500 insurance and financial advisors in every part of Canada to grow and preserve the financial well-being of Canadians and family businesses. Please visit our website for more information on CALU.
The Conference for Advanced Life Underwriting (CALU) has an immediate opening for a Membership and Events Coordinator to join our team in Ottawa, ON. Reporting to the Manager Membership and Operations, this full-time permanent position, is an exciting, fast-paced and dynamic role in a not-for-profit organization where you can make a big impact on a small team. The Membership and Events Coordinator will provide support to the implementation of CALU’s membership and event programs, such as but not limited to:
- Support membership functions including system onboarding, renewals, new member orientation sessions, maintenance of membership records in the CRM database (Member 365), tracking and reporting, member billing, membership committee administration, etc.
- Support the development, operations, and implementation of CALU events, both in person and virtual, including the monitoring of event workplans, booking venues and AV, drafting programs, launching registration, coordinating logistics, etc.
- Coordinate with speakers including the gathering of session outline forms, presentations, biographical information, photos etc. and the signing of speaker agreements.
- Provide administrative support for accreditation of events sessions for Continuing Education (CE) credits, compilation and tracking of approvals for CE credits, and issuance of CE credits to members.
- Support Manager, Membership and Operations in working with committee volunteers to set up virtual meetings and assist with drafting agendas, taking notes, following up on action items and distribution of minutes.
- Other event administration duties as required.
Administrative back up:
- Manage CALU main phone reception.
- Fill in for other roles during vacation and absences to ensure coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Two plus (2+) years experience in:
- an administrative role, ideally providing membership support in a non-profit organization,
- providing event management support for successful live, virtual or hybrid events, and
- working with volunteers and/or committees
- Excellent office administrative skills
- Highly proficient with MS Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, CRM software, Zoom
- Experience with CRM database and ability to learn Member 365
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Can work under pressure on multiple projects, resilient and dependable
CALU is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce.
If this opportunity intrigues you and relates to your education and career interest, then we would like to hear from you. Please tell us about yourself in a cover letter – we want to listen to your story – your educational background, your accomplishments to date, and why this role is a good fit for you at this time.
Note: You must be legally allowed to work in Canada to be eligible for this position. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. Do not apply by email.
The successful candidate’s compensation will be commensurate with education and work experience.
Please submit your cover letter including salary expectations, résumé and any accommodations you may need to our online portal https://secure.collage.co/jobs/calu/41210. The posting will remain active on our website until we successfully fill the position.
More search results
Director Government Relations
Odgers Berndtson - 203282
Chief Executive Officer
Species Conservation Action Agency
Chief Operating Officer
Fraser Valley Real Estate Board
Chief Executive Officer
Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC)
EDUCATION LIAISON MANAGER/GESTIONNAIRE DE LIAISON…
The Appraisal Institute of Canada