The British Columbia Dental Hygienists’ Association and Certified Dental Assistants’ Alliance (BCDHA/CDAA) is a non-profit professional association representing the collective provincial voice of dental hygienists, dental therapists and certified dental assistants and exists to support members’ success in progressive and respected professions.
An opportunity now exists for a talented leader with a successful track record in a health association, college or health authority to join BCDHA/CDAA as our Executive Director (ED) and steward the organization into the future. The position is based in Metro Vancouver with some flexibility with office location.
The ED works collaboratively with the Board of Directors in leading the organization. The ED is accountable to the Board and is solely responsible for the conduct, management and operation of the Association, for providing leadership in administration, ensuring compliance with legislative requirements and statutes, and reporting on operational matters. The ED also ensures members have access to relevant practice support and professional development.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Plan, develop and lead all aspects of the organization’s operations, programs and activities in accordance with the goals and direction established by the Board of Directors
• Serve as the spokesperson for the organization
• Develop multi-year strategic and operational plans
• Develop program and services that support members’ practice and professional development
• Advocate for the ongoing development and enhancement of preventative oral healthcare services
• Work with government to create policy and legislation changes that promote and protect the dental hygiene, dental therapy and certified dental assisting professions
• Develop and maintain operational policies and procedures that fully comply with legal and regulatory requirements
• Report on organizational success in achieving the Board’s Ends compliance within the Board’s limitations
• Manage all financial aspects of BCDHA, including budgets, ensure financial sustainability and fiscal accountability
• Oversee all marketing and communication strategies
• Maintain a workplace culture that attracts, retains and motivates diverse staff, contractors and volunteers
• Undertake regular performance planning and evaluation processes for all staff
• Manage employee-related concerns in a timely, fair and equitable manner
• Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders, including members, partners, and government agencies
• Monitor industry trends and the competitive landscape to identify opportunities for innovation and expansion
Skills & Competencies
• Highly professional with experience in a non-profit, member-based organization, regulatory body or health authority
• Proven leadership, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Exceptional strategic planning and problem-solving abilities
• Experience with Policy Governance®
• Well-versed in government policy in the legislative and regulatory environment
• Future-focused with strong advocacy skills
• Functional knowledge of current administrative systems and technology
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
• Commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion
• Ability to communicate and build relationships with members, various stakeholders, and the public
• Ability to foster a positive and respectful organizational culture
• Ability to inspire and motivate a diverse team
• Sound judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries
• In-depth knowledge of industry trends, regulations, and best practices
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related field
• Certified Association Executive (CAE®) designation or a combination of related experience and skills
The ED position requires flexibility to work evenings and weekends, as required, and a willingness to travel, as needed.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and current resume to EDSearch@bcdha.com on or before November 24, 2023.
We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates regardless of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, disability, age, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Please note: We thank all applicants for submitting their application; however, only short-listed individuals will be contacted.
More search results
Director Government Relations
Odgers Berndtson - 203282
Chief Executive Officer
Species Conservation Action Agency
Chief Operating Officer
Fraser Valley Real Estate Board
Chief Executive Officer
Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC)
EDUCATION LIAISON MANAGER/GESTIONNAIRE DE LIAISON…
The Appraisal Institute of Canada