Senior Manager - Operations, Finance & Technology
Do you have a knack for streamlining operations? Are you a technology whiz and abreast of opportunities related to AI? Do you like working with numbers, data and money? Are you a fan of the motion picture, performing arts and live event industry, and looking to have a strong sense of purpose in your job?
Actsafe Safety Association recently launched a new five-year strategic plan (2023–2027) and is pleased to start recruiting for the new and exciting leadership role, charged with improving the organization’s effectiveness, ensuring our operations are running smoothly, effectively and efficiently to ensure our organization is meeting its full potential.
Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Manager - Operations, Finance & Technology leads and mentors a team of 2-3 direct reports (Senior Accountant, Operations & Administration Assistant) and several contractors (Business Analyst), and have primary oversight of the following functions:
- Finance, Accounting & Payroll
- Technology & AI
- Operations & Administration
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Data & Business Analytics
- Project Management
- IT, Security, Insurance
- Contract Management
- Facilities & Office Management
- People & Culture (Human Resources)
- Change Management
What is considered an asset?
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field required (Business Administration, Business Analyst, Commerce, Accounting, Finance)
- Designation: CPA (Chartered Professional Accountants), PMP (Project Management Professional), CCMP (Certified Change Management Professional) or similar
- Experience: 5-7+ years experience in business operations, preferably for a not-for-profit organization, ideally an association. 3+ years experience leading and managing people required. Experience in the arts & entertainment industry (film, tv, commercials, performing arts, live events)
- Technology: Proficient in using Microsoft Office Software Suite (Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and experience in other systems including accounting (Sage), payroll (Ceridian), project management (Monday.com), virtual meetings (Zoom), customer relationship management (CRM), learning management systems (LMS), digital payment (Bambora)
- Ideal competencies: strategy, leadership, fiscal management, people management, department/program management, stakeholder relations, emotional intelligence, innovation, change management, relationship management, technical subject matter expertise (SME), self-led, accountable, organizational awareness, organizational effectiveness, communication, collaboration and results-oriented.
What we offer:
Actsafe offers a total rewards package including:
- Salary: $80,000-$120,000 depending on education, designations and experience
- Extended Health Benefits (EHB) Plan
- An 8-hour workday (with paid 30 min lunch break)/40-hour workweek
- A flexible workplace with a mix of in-office (Burnaby) and remote work opportunities
- A rich paid time off and professional development budget
- Challenging work that provides you with a sense of purpose
- Passionate, diverse, skilled, fun team members
- Engaged and collaborative stakeholders
- A physically and psychologically safe and healthy culture
How to apply?
If you are committed to making an impact and want to be part of an organization dedicated to transforming health, safety and wellness in BC's arts and entertainment industry, we would love to meet you! Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com by Sunday, Nov. 19, 2023!
What is Actsafe?
Actsafe is a not-for-profit health and safety association, with a growing $2.5M operating budget, supporting BC's production of motion pictures, television, live events and performing arts industry’s 3000 employers and 60,000 workers. Its vision is that British Columbia has the safest and healthiest arts and entertainment workplaces in the world, and its mission is to prevent and eliminate workplace injury, illness and death by providing world-class occupational health, safety, and wellbeing programs to employers, supervisors, and workers.
Who is the Actsafe team?
Meet our team members. At Actsafe Safety Association, a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all members of the team, stakeholders, community, and individuals whose personal characteristics fall into any of the prohibited grounds of discrimination under Canadian Human Rights Law feel valued and respected. We are committed to fostering a non-discriminatory workplace culture and providing equal employment and advancement opportunities throughout our organization. We respect, encourage, and value diverse voices because we believe that innovation and creativity are driven by inclusiveness and cultivated by diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
More search results
Director Government Relations
Odgers Berndtson - 203282
Chief Executive Officer
Species Conservation Action Agency
Chief Operating Officer
Fraser Valley Real Estate Board
Chief Executive Officer
Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC)
EDUCATION LIAISON MANAGER/GESTIONNAIRE DE LIAISON…
The Appraisal Institute of Canada