The OPMA is an association of member companies that grow, pack, transport, import or sell produce in Ontario. Our focus is on connecting people and information, from field to plate. We help people in the industry create partnerships and we encourage healthy living by promoting ways to enjoy fruit and vegetables more often. We are a small team but through connections with our members, you will quickly become part of the wider produce community.
The Ontario Produce Marketing Association (OPMA) is seeking an energetic, visionary member- focused President to support the facilitation of OPMA’s mission. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President is responsible for the effective leadership and oversight of the Association according to the strategic direction set by the Board.
The President is committed to building positive relationships and fostering collaboration with all stakeholders including current and potential members as well as government agencies. Demonstrated resourcefulness, innovation and follow-through will drive the enhancement of the OPMA brand, diversify revenue, attract funding, and provide greater value to members.
Supports the Board in strategic planning and participates in the creation of an organizational vision ensuring that this vision and the Association’s core values are shared throughout the organization and have the commitment of all OPMA employees
Supports the Board Committees to ensure good governance including policy development and maintenance
Delivers Board evaluations and arranges Board training as well as orientation for new Board members
Develops and implements annual operating plan based on the overall strategic direction, ensuring operational excellence and achievement of business objectives
Monitors financial performance and advises Board on the development of capital and operational budgets, ensuring alignment with the strategic priorities of OPMA. Ensures timely and accurate reporting of financial statements
Oversees day-to-day operations of the Association and ensures the organization is structured for maximum revenue generation, expense control and increased profitability
Communicates with key stakeholders articulating OPMA’s value proposition while identifying the changing needs and conditions of the members that are served by the Association
Nurtures relationships with government, regulatory bodies, media, and partner associations nationally and internationally to support achievement of goals and objectives
Develops and executes programs and services to diversify revenue (including garnering new member and sponsorship revenue) and to engage with all sectors of our industry to identify the needs of members and initiate change as needed.
Oversees and coordinates Association networking events. Responsible to create new event and sponsorship opportunities to increase engagement with membership, stakeholders, and partners
Creates a dynamic work environment in which OPMA staff are well positioned and engaged to deliver optimal organizational results through effective communication channels (staff meetings, individual coaching, open door policy) and a well-developed performance management system
Ensures policies, processes, standards, and procedures are developed using best practices with an ethical perspective that will sustain a culture of trust and provide the highest level of employee and member satisfaction
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of related experience in a senior leadership role required, preferably in an association or membership driven organization
- MBA or bachelor’s degree in related field or other professional designation or equivalent experience required
- Some experience with and understanding of the food supply chain industry an asset
- Knowledge of government compliance and regulatory legislation related to the Produce industry, particularly the Safe Food for Canadians Act, and not-for-profit organizations an asset
- Prudent financial and risk management with demonstrated experience successfully managing the performance of a business against strategic, financial, and operational targets
- Ability to interpret financial statements and prepare budgets
- Recognized as a well-respected, trusted leader with experience in strategic & business planning, marketing, operations, and human resource management
- A strategic thinker with the ability and energy to both effectively plan and execute on an operational level
- Highly skilled communicator with a proven ability to effectively build relationships with all partners internally and externally to the organization to grow and diversify membership base and sponsorship opportunities
- Experienced facilitator with exceptional speaking and presentation skills, capable of professionally representing the Association and members at conferences and industry events
- Evenings, weekends, and overtime hours to accommodate activities such as Board meetings and representing the organization at public events, may be required. Additionally, some travel is necessary for this role.
OPMA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes interested applicants to submit their cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 8th, 2023, with “President” in the subject line. We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. OPMA will provide reasonable accommodation in compliance with AODA when notified by a candidate that accommodation due to a disability is required for the interview process.
More search results
Director Government Relations
Odgers Berndtson - 203282
Chief Executive Officer
Species Conservation Action Agency
Chief Operating Officer
Fraser Valley Real Estate Board
Chief Executive Officer
Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC)
EDUCATION LIAISON MANAGER/GESTIONNAIRE DE LIAISON…
The Appraisal Institute of Canada