Bilingual Communications and Public Relations Coordinator
- Liberty Village, Toronto (Head Office)
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
About the Position
The Communications and Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for developing key communications content, along with a communications and public relations strategy. This role calls for someone who is both a storyteller and a relationship-builder, equally able to write about the profession of interior design, ARIDO members, the value of a Registered Interior Designer and ARIDO initiatives in a compelling way. This role also requires the candidate to have exceptional skills in building lasting external connections with media, partners, and our community.
The ideal candidate has Public Relations experience and excels in thinking strategically, can see creative stories and bring them to life, and respond quickly to crises and shifting priorities. Reporting into the Executive Director and working closely with the Chair of the Provincial Advocacy Committee, the candidate will work closely to develop innovative ways to get the ARIDO brand in front of Ontario consumers and the public, while educating and advocating for the importance of hiring a Registered interior designer.
The candidate will be responsible for developing media collateral and pitching organization news and public education pieces but will also be asked to jump in to help create written content that aligns with and executes the organizations strategic direction.
- Work with the Marketing and Content Development Coordinator in the overall marketing efforts of the organization, including but not limited to: Public relations, advertising, research, thought leadership.
- Develop written materials, English and bilingual, such as monthly newsletters, Annual Reports, corporate documents, press releases, promotional copy, white papers, formal presentations, advertising, and marketing materials.
- Develop, manage, and execute project tasks for communications campaigns and outreach activities with partners; critical paths, written material, social media, and reporting.
- Supporting speaking opportunities, which may include submitting pitches/presentations ahead of deadlines and following up accordingly.
- Champion a consistent voice and ensure key strategic messages and plans are developed and implemented to achieve ARIDO’s strategic priorities and direction.
- Oversee media outreach that supports public education opportunities, public facing initiatives, and other newsworthy events.
- Formulate PR plans that enhance ARIDO’s brand voice and presence through various channels including online and offline.
- Work collaboratively to develop processes involving news releases, social media outreach, content marketing, research, interviews, media training, and additional support on special projects.
- Write, prepare, and publish press releases and other PR-related copy aligned with the public facing strategy for the organization.
- Contribute to the creation of content that supports the growth of our brand, including pitching ideas and helping sculpt editorial and member stories, and data-backed reports.
- Communicate regularly with industry and mainstream publications to contribute expert articles and blogs, and to seek editorial coverage.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to deliver on-message communications for public-facing channels.
- Work with Marketing and Content Development Coordinator to develop promotional and distribution strategies for social media and content projects.
- Monitor and track our brand presence in the market.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- A minimum of three years of relevant industry experience in communications strategy and planning (e.g. public relations, social media strategy etc.) in agency and/or client settings
- Bilingual French and English is Mandatory.
- previous experience in the design and construction sector, in particular the design consultant sector such as interior design, architecture or engineering is considered an asset.
- Known for having strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, along with solid attention to detail.
- The ability to think critically and creatively and generate great ideas.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent consumer public relations writing skills and experience writing material for various channels, including press releases, media pitches, traditional media, website content, promotional and marketing outreach, etc.
- Experience supporting CRM database management, ensuring the accuracy of contacts, inputting new information, and developing mail lists, mail merges, and e-mail blasts.
- Professional, resourceful, and collaborative; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel to events, tradeshows, and meetings on an as-needed basis.
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, PR, Journalism, or related degree.
- Experience working with third-party suppliers and vendors.
- Working experience and knowledge of public relations and marketing communication practices.
Why should you join the ARIDO team?
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefits including Employee Health Benefits Program
- RRSP Matching Program
- Generous Paid Leave
- Professional Development
- Hybrid work environment
More search results
Director Government Relations
Odgers Berndtson - 203282
Chief Executive Officer
Species Conservation Action Agency
Chief Operating Officer
Fraser Valley Real Estate Board
Chief Executive Officer
Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC)
EDUCATION LIAISON MANAGER/GESTIONNAIRE DE LIAISON…
The Appraisal Institute of Canada