Manager, Member Services and Communications (Ontario Dairy Council)
Our client, Ontario Dairy Council (ODC), is the provincial not-for-profit association representing Ontario's dairy product manufacturers. ODC member companies, ranging from small family-owned dairies to large multi-national organizations, process over 98% of the 3 Billion litres of milk produced in the province and represent approximately $6 billion in annual sales. ODC provides a united voice for its members on technical, regulatory and supply management issues and advocates on their behalf. ODC keeps its members up-to-date on industry issues through several communication tools, and offers continuing education programs and networking events. The ODC office, managed by a staff of two and governed by a 16-member Board, is in Mississauga.
ODC is seeking a Manager, Member Services and Communications. The position is responsible for completing assigned tasks as outlined in the annual strategic plan and as delegated by the President. This includes providing timely and concise information to the general membership through two regular newsletters, the ODC website, and directory. The Manager will also be responsible for the development and execution of all ODC events, management of ODC's continuing education program, and the Council’s office equipment and IT infrastructure. The position reports to the President, will have some direct interaction with the Board of Directors and Committees, and may represent ODC on industry committees.
The duties of the Manager, Member Services and Communications include, but are not limited to:
- Management within assigned budget of the annual convention including program development, sponsorships, sales and marketing, registration processes, and on-site execution.
- Develop content, write and distribute a bi-monthly electronic newsletter for the general membership (News & Views), a bi-monthly electronic newsletter (E-Voice) for processor members, and the occasional daily update.
- Update and maintain modern website platform for ODC websites – www.ontariodairies.ca, keep content current and continually evolve site to encompass new functionality as appropriate.
- Manage ODC's Continuing Education Program offerings and keep course content current and relevant, overseeing daily administration and execution of an on-site classroom, working with instructors, and abiding by any relevant government policies.
- Monitor, with IT providers, the effectiveness of all ODC office equipment and IT functions, and modernize/update as necessary.
- Attend all Board of Directors and Committee meetings, take minutes, and present reports as necessary.
- Participate on industry committees as assigned by the President and communicate ODC positions.
- Manage membership/associate processes including the roster, including renewal notices, follow-up and recruitment.
- Represent ODC in the President’s absence.
- A minimal amount of travel is required.
- Other duties as assigned by the President.
- Impeccable written and oral English communication skills
- Ability to create, manage and balance budgets
- Desire to work in a team environment and collaborate towards win-win solutions
- Ability to build strong working relationships with members and industry partners
- Excellent time management, problem-solving and project management skills
- Uncompromising customer (member) service orientation
- Great attention to detail, highly organized, and able to manage multiple and sometimes priority-changing tasks/projects
- Great computer skills and ability to adapt/learn new programs
- Ability to work independently with little guidance
- Proactive tendencies that aid in successfully leading and completing projects
- Experience with association management software
- Experience in a mid-level management role within a not-for-profit organization
- General knowledge of the dairy processing industry and supply management
- Advocacy experience
- Ability to speak/write in French
- Experience working with a Board of Directors and/or Committees
- Experience planning large corporate events
The successful incumbent will be compensated based on qualifications. They will also be provided with a health, dental and pension plan benefits package.
Interested individuals can submit their resume and cover letter with salary expectations* to -
The Portage Group Inc.
Attention: Jack Shand, FCMC, Executive Partner
All applicants are thanked in advance but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews are anticipated to begin in late November/early December.
* For salary guidance, the position will likely interest those who are currently functional managers in a smaller association without staff management responsibilities, defined as level 5 in the CSAE Association Executive Compensation and Benefits report.
For additional information about Ontario Dairy Council, please visit www.ontariodairies.ca,