Front Office Administrative Assistant
WHO YOU ARE:
You are a dynamic, member-focused individual who enjoys a varied work environment where you act as the key supportive figure to the office and its needs. You are a highly organized self-starter with an eye for detail who adapts to different situations and takes pride in providing exemplary customer service to the association staff, members and stakeholders.
Reporting to the Member Relations Manager (MRM) – Lower Mainland, and in their absence reporting to the COO, your overarching priority will be to provide logistical and operational support to various projects, communications and events that inform, engage and educate our members.
Your strong verbal and written communication skills allow you to ensure projects move forward and you maintain member/stakeholder relationships throughout the process. You are a team player who jumps right in when you see something needs to be done. You have the ability to anticipate and manage changing priorities throughout your workday, while also ensuring the regular management/administration of the front office is completed.
This is a full time salaried position with regular working hours of Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5pm. Occasionally you will be required to be in the office early or stay later to oversee onsite office meetings and therefore your start and end times may vary. However, your daily hours worked will still be 8.5 hours inclusive of a 1 hour lunch break.
- Administrative Support for Member Relations Manager – Lower Mainland, including but not limited to;
- Roundtable/Volunteer Management;
- Collect event details from volunteers and post roundtables/special events to internal event management system
- Assist in the execution of roundtables which may include event logistic coordination, set-up and or clean-up
- Communicate with roundtable chairs regarding content for event posts, attendance lists/tracking, promotion prompting as well as other questions that arise
- Ensure volunteers have what they need to effectively do their work
- Update and inform volunteers of changes or updates to information that must be shared with members
- Manage Google Docs and Forms to ensure correct information is available for volunteers
- Administrative Support;
- Database management and support including posting events and roundtables on the calendar and managing any changes or updates as required
- Registration and cancellation management of attendees if required
- Assist the MRM with event preparation as needed, and includes badge printing, registration lists, collateral preparation etc.
- Create and email out post event surveys and reporting results back to the MRM
- Write and mail thank you cards and order gifts for volunteers or others as requested by the MRM
- Occasional catering & vendor management support
- Other administrative support as required
- Front Office Administration:
- Provide excellent customer service to members, clients, and all CPHR BC & Yukon stakeholders via phone, email and in person.
- Administrative support, including receiving visitors, answering and transferring incoming telephone calls, welcoming and directing clients, ordering supplies, data entry/computer work, mail management, and scheduling couriers
- Promote, attend and provide assistance for CPHR BC & Yukon events as required
- Maintain staff kitchen including ensuring the dishes/dishwasher and equipment is clean, as well as keeping kitchen inventory supplies stocked
- Other Support as Required:
- Perform other related and ancillary duties as the circumstances, from time to time, may reasonably warrant.
- Diploma in business administration, event management or HR administration OR 3+ years related experience
- Advanced MS Office skills - specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Comfortable using/learning online platforms like Google Drive, Google Forms and Slack
- Experience working with database management software
- General office skills such as handling telephone enquiries, filing and preparing business correspondence
- Experience working with and managing outside vendors
- Experience organizing events and coordinating volunteers
- Proven commitment to exceptional customer service
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with excellent command of both spoken and written English
- Professional and articulate business manner
- A self starter with the ability to work independently, be resourceful, and solutions focused
- Ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines
- Good discretionary judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- High attention to detail and excellent accuracy
- Exemplary organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable working in an environment with regular interruptions
- Flexibility to work some earlier mornings and later evenings when required
- Ability to master new skills quickly
- Superior communication, organizational and customer service skills
- Experience or general knowledge of association management
- Knowledge or interest in the area of human resources
- Good sense of humor and ability to have fun
BENEFITS & ENVIRONMENT:
- You will be part of a small, friendly team who loves to work hard and have fun.
- Our engagement committee hosts casual staff engagement activities monthly.
- Our office is in the heart of the business district in downtown Vancouver and walking distance to several SkyTrain stations and the West Coast Express.
- We are never boring…every day is something different!
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, which includes: an excellent health plan, including medical, dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance,
- We encourage staff to take transit to work and provide a transit subsidy and an annual fitness allowance.
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications listed above, please apply with a cover letter and resume in one PDF document to the attention of Quinne Davey, Member Relations Manager – Lower Mainland to email@example.com with the subject line: Front Office Administrative Assistant before Tuesday, February 13th, 2018.
No phone calls please. We will only be able contacting candidates who will be proceeding in the interview process. We thank you in advance for your interest!
More search results
Bond Executive Offices
Coordinator, Communications and Marketing
Ontario Non-Profit Housing Association - 307603
University of Toronto Faculty Association
Assistant Deputy Minister, Regional Operations Di…
BC Public Service Agency
Senior Manager, Orthopaedic Division
Canadian Physiotherapy Association