Team Lead, Member Services
The CPA has an exciting opportunity for a Team Lead in the Member Services department. This position coordinates the CPA’s Member Services by supervising staff and coordinating the processing and related activities to meet deadlines within established performance standards.
- Coordinate and lead the day-to-day activities of the Member Services team in providing timely and accurate information on CPA products and services, and developing and applying good customer service practices.
- Coordinate Member Services workload and communication schedule to ensure deadlines are met and policies and procedures are applied.
- Assist the Member Services team with handling exceptional difficult member inquiries.
- Oversee internal and external reporting procedures for Member Services including; activity reports, error reports and member statistics.
- Actively pursue continuous improvements including; automating processes, outsourcing manual tasks, improving forms and identifying outdated or inefficient processes.
- Facilitate ongoing communication within the Member Services team and among other CPA departments.
- Assist with developing, testing, documenting and implementing processing procedures to facilitate smooth internal operations and provide for control, checks, balances and benchmarks.
- Assist with the ongoing validation of data in the iMIS database.
- Contribute to performance management for direct reports: recruitment and selection, onboarding, training and development, providing ongoing feedback, scheduling of staff, including approving time off requests and coverage, establishing and approving cascading objectives and assisting in development of performance reviews.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to team members as appropriate
- Support the development of the department’s annual operational plan by formulating budgets and business plans.
- Implement approved plans, and monitor performance and achievement of objectives
- Post-secondary education – College diploma (Business Administration preferred).
- 2 years supervisory experience (membership association preferred).
- Problem Solving: Takes a proactive approach to anticipating and preventing problems. When problems occur, analyzes those problems, investigates obstacles, gathers relevant information, decides whether solving the problem should be a group decision, analyzes alternate solutions and arrives at a workable resolution.
- Accountability: Ensures that employees understand their level of accountability, including what they are responsible to deliver and are expected to undertake. Employees are confident about how much support they will receive when they accept ownership of projects and issues.
- Innovative Thinking: Looks out for new and innovative approaches that will improve efficiency. Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do the same. Recognizes and rewards people and teams who are creative and innovative.
- Stakeholder Relationships: Personally demonstrates that internal or external members/potential members are a high priority. Identifies member/potential member needs and expectations and responds to them in a timely and effective manner. Anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can adversely affect the member/potential member. Keeps member/potential member informed about the status of pending actions and inquires about member/potential member satisfaction with products or services. This may also apply to suppliers and/or customers of the Association.
- Initiative: Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them. Looks for new and productive ways to make an impact. Demonstrates this characteristic when it comes to generating new ideas or processes, capitalizing on new business opportunities, seeking out and taking on increasing responsibility or resolving problems as they occur. Uses sound judgment about when to take action and when to seek guidance or permission.
- Planning and Organizing: Develops the measures and programs necessary to accomplish annual objectives. Identifies cascading objectives and plans to reach them. Budgets for required resources and ensures that plans fit with the larger strategies of the organization. Sets milestones to measure progress along the way. Good organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Teamwork: Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback. Communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted
- Leadership: Articulates a vision that others choose to follow. Models behaviors expected of others, and inspires others to undertake challenging tasks and projects. Conflict resolution aptitude, good judgment and decision making skills.
- Managing Employee Performance: Takes action to ensure that employees fully understand their roles, responsibilities, and performance standards/expectations and provides ongoing feedback and support as employees strive to achieve expectations. Engages in two-way conversations throughout the year that ensure an up-to-date understanding of expectations, performance gaps, and actions required to close any gaps.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office in Windows environment. (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong database (i.e. iMIS) skills and computer skills.
- Fluently bilingual is an asset, English and French, both written and spoken.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to:
The Canadian Payroll Association
The Canadian Payroll Association is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest; as such, accommodation is available to applicants that may require it. Applicants requiring accommodation are encouraged to contact Jelena Misur, HR Coordinator at Jelena.firstname.lastname@example.org or at 416-487-3380 ext. 140 to discuss requirements.
More search results
Bond Executive Offices
Coordinator, Communications and Marketing
Ontario Non-Profit Housing Association - 307603
University of Toronto Faculty Association
Assistant Deputy Minister, Regional Operations Di…
BC Public Service Agency
Senior Manager, Orthopaedic Division
Canadian Physiotherapy Association