Manager, Association Services
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
CHBA’s dynamic national office is seeking an energetic and affable association/not-for-profit professional to provide expert services to the staff of its provincial and local associations. Reporting directly to the national CEO, Kevin Lee, this client-service-oriented manager will be the staff lead for the national Executive Officers Council, liasing between CHBA’s multi-disciplinary staff and HBA staff across the country, helping to support association operations, management and governance in our HBAs from coast to coast. The manager will also lead the 3-day national professional development forum for Executive Officers.
ABOUT THE JOB
Deliver innovative solutions for the CHBA, local and provincial association members by:
- Providing expert information and advice (including information/content development) on the activities surrounding association best practices related to operations, management and governance
- Acting as main point of contact for HBA staff questions, supporting requests, information requests and concerns
- Conducting HBA Executive Officer surveys and providing recommendations on follow-up actions
- Leading orientation for new Executive Officers (EOs)
National Office staff lead for CHBA’s National Executive Officer’s Council (EOC) and the EOC Management Committee by:
- Leading and coordinating the activities of the Executive Officer’s Council and the Council’s Management Committee by working with the CEO and the Council Chair to advance key agenda items and the strategic plan; providing logistical support for meetings (agenda, meeting summaries and status updates);
- Acting as staff lead for the EOC Annual Meeting of Members (held at CHBA’s annual conference)
- Providing regular communications updates (including authoring the monthly e-newsletter) on related activities, opportunities and issues;
- Coordinating information sharing among the members;
- Coordinating EOC webinars (working with CHBA’s communications team and using CHBA’s video/webinar facility)
- Tracking and reporting on progress made on the EOC’s strategic plan.
Coordinate the Annual EOC Professional Development Forum by:
- Working with CHBA’s events team, lead the planning, coordination and execution of the annual 3-day Professional Development Forum that brings together EOs from across the country for professional development, sharing best practices, networking and more.
ABOUT YOU, THE CANDIDATE
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in a related field
- A minimum of three (3) years’ recent practical work experience in association/not-for-profit management/governance support
- Experience in client-services
- Experience in content development
- Experience in events management
- Knowledge of association/not-for-profit management and governance best practices
- In-depth knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Asset: training and/or certification from the Canadian Society of Association Executives or similar credentials
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships that encourage cooperation.
- Demontrated ablility to multi-task, advancing multiple projects and activities simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to chair meetings
- Demonstrated ability to identify sources of, and provide information and guidance on matters that may be of interest to clients.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute meetings and events
- Strong writing and content development skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and listening skills with a strong desire to help—a strong client-service orientation with matching personality is key.
- Strong organizational skills
- Confident in communicating ideas in a professional and friendly manner.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and competing deadlines.
- Enthusiastic desire to contribute to the overall success of the CHBA and its members.
- Self-starter who thrives in an environment where he/she can be equally successful working independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
Hours of work: The hours of work are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, though some flexibility is available. There may be a requirement to travel within Canada to attend meetings. The incumbent may be asked to work overtime from time to time.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. CHBA is looking to fill this position ASAP, and will assess applications as they are received. Accordingly, there is no closing date for this posting. The application process for this posting will close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applicants.
Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process. We ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Bond Executive Offices
Coordinator, Communications and Marketing
Ontario Non-Profit Housing Association - 307603
University of Toronto Faculty Association
Assistant Deputy Minister, Regional Operations Di…
BC Public Service Agency
Senior Manager, Orthopaedic Division
Canadian Physiotherapy Association