Summary of Position:
Relying on your demonstrated successes in program management, policy and research, you will support the Program Committee (Compliance and Regulatory Affairs (CRA) Committee) and participating subject matter experts as appropriate. The role will require you to:
- engage in relevant research and analysis
- develop and maintain links with key organizations
- stay apprised of the issues and changes occurring with the commercial carrier sector
- provide issue management support as assigned
- manage assigned projects and activities.
- Support consensus building at the committee level
The successful candidate will require excellent analysis, writing and presentation skills along with strong project management and communication skills. He or she will need to have an understanding of policy development and regulatory and road safety matters in Canada.
This position carries a joint responsibility for Program Management and Research for the organization with primary support for the Compliance and Regulatory Affairs (CRA) Committee members. The Program Committee on Compliance and Regulatory Affairs is responsible for compliance activities related to commercial drivers and vehicles, transportation of dangerous goods and motor carrier operations.
- Develop effective working relationships with CCMTA Program Committee members and support a consensus building model within the committee structure.,.
- Support Provincial/Territorial and Federal member and stakeholder consultations on Council initiatives.
- Develop project plans, budget and resource requirements for the effective delivery of Program Committee programs.
- Maintain issue-monitoring systems ensuring that the Council is capable of reacting effectively to new issues that emerge.
- Contribute to outreach activities as appropriate, including identifying emerging issues, priority audiences, messages, tactics and schedules for achieving objectives.
- Support the Committees and organization by preparing briefing notes, reports and recommendations on various policy matters.
- Maintain an awareness of developments in the field of highway transportation regulation.
- Identify current and emerging areas of road safety that may impact CCMTA.
- Analyze and quickly synthesize complex reports results into key messages.
- Conduct environmental scans of what work has already been accomplished in specific subject matter areas within Canada and internationally. Support consultations with key experts as appropriate.
- Summarize complex data into understandable, user-friendly, relevant explanations for reporting and knowledge transfer.
- Analyze reports and policy documents prepared by government ministries or other parties.
- Provide timely and comprehensive briefings to senior staff, Council Members and stakeholders on policy issues.
- Participate on staff committees, working groups, consultations.
- Respond to written and telephone inquiries regarding general commercial motor vehicle policy and legislative matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Candidate will have formal education that includes skills development in program management and policy development with a minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience as a Program Manager/Policy Analyst. Experience in the following areas would be beneficial: commercial vehicle standards and regulation, government transportation departments and not-for-profit associations. Demonstration of Programs and Research Department competencies, including flexibility and adaptability, accountability, strategic thinking, innovation, creativity, and collaboration. Ability to work efficiently and independently, to multi-task and prioritize work effectively. Demonstrated experience in writing complex reports and working in a multi-jurisdictional framework.
Bilingualism (English and French) is desirable.
Canadian citizen or permanent resident (eligible to work in Canada) required.
- Ability to travel within Canada, and perhaps in the United States, on a periodic basis for program support/meeting-related activities. A valid passport may be required.
- This role is not remote and would require that the successful candidate is onsite at the office.
If you are interested, you may apply at email@example.com to the attention of the Director of Programs and Research.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for applications is March 29, 2018.
CCMTA welcomes applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.
More search results
Canadian Mental Health Association, Cochrane-Timiskaming Branch
Chief Operating Officer - Ontario Road Builders …
MacLeod & Associates
Social Planning Toronto
Canadian Museums Association
Manager, Education & Certification
FITT - Forum for International Trade Training