Manager, Member Recruitment & Engagement
MANAGER, MEMBER RECRUITMENT & ENGAGEMENT
Permanent Full-Time - Downtown Toronto (Financial Core)
ABOUT THE ONTARIO PHARMACISTS ASSOCIATION
"The Ontario Pharmacists Association is committed to evolving the pharmacy profession and advocating for excellence in practice and patient care. As the largest provincial pharmacy advocacy organization and Canada’s largest continuing professional development and drug information provider for pharmacists, OPA represents the views and interests of pharmacy professionals (including pharmacists, pharmacy students, interns and pharmacy technicians) in all practice settings across Ontario. By leveraging the unique expertise of pharmacy professionals, enabling them to practice to their fullest potential, and making them even more accessible to patients, OPA is working to drive the efficiency and effectiveness of the healthcare system."
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Development, the Manager, Member Recruitment and Engagement will be responsible for developing, executing and managing all strategies and initiatives as they relate to recruiting new members, and engaging and retaining existing members.
Acting as the advocate of the OPA membership both within and outside of the organization, this individual will be in-touch with current and emerging member needs, understands the challenges faced by the profession and has an eye to making positive change. He or she will bring forward innovative ideas and recommendations for improving OPA’s value proposition to existing and prospective members.
Assigned a mandate to grow membership targets, and retain current levels, the incumbent is an energetic and motivated self-starter who has proven experience with meeting and exceeding sales and/or fundraising goals in a highly dynamic work environment.
Highly collaborative, possessing a “can-do” attitude, and a key member of the Strategic Development team, he or she will work proactively and effectively with various OPA departments, including Communications and Marketing, Customer Experience and Administration, Information Technology and Professional Affairs to deliver on OPA’s brand promise, and member commitments.
He or she will also oversee execution of the annual membership drive as well as all member communications; working closely with the Marketing and Communications department to deliver targeted and relevant messages through various channels.
Marketing and Business Development (Member Recruitment and Retention):
- Own, manage and deliver on organizational objectives as they relate to member recruitment, and retention.
- Develop and execute strategies for growing all OPA membership categories (pharmacy owners, staff pharmacists, pharmacy students, technicians, hospital pharmacists, among others).
- Ensure development and delivery of a strong value proposition to members, continuously assessing and enhancing as needed.
- Liaise with other associations, the pharmacy and pharmacy technician faculties, and student organizations and clubs to develop and foster memberships for OPA.
- In collaboration with the communications team, conduct regular member surveys, polls, focus groups and other research to determine immediate needs of members and critical issues facing the profession.
- Obtain and present market and industry research and feedback to OPA senior leadership on an as-needed basis.
- Represent OPA on various external committees and groups as needed.
Program Management (Member Engagement)
- Assess and develop measurable member engagement criteria, and evaluate progress based on benchmarks.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and teams (i.e. Customer Experience and Administration Team) to create processes and efficiencies in dealing with member interactions.
- Leverage the OPA association management system (AMS) to collect, analyze and report on key member data to support organizational decision making.
- Manage the member benefits program and third-party providers, with an eye to improving member benefits as needed.
- Provide monthly and quarterly progress reports on meeting member targets.
- Manage the Staff Pharmacist Caucus.
- Staff support to the OPA Member Services Committee.
- Manage an annual budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in a similar role.
- Strong understanding of marketing principles, business development, member recruitment, retention, and engagement.
- Prior experience in a membership-based organization/association or managing a member program.
- Experienced with volunteer recruitment and leading a committee of volunteers.
- Strong understanding of member recruitment, retention, and engagement program development
- Proficient with data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Prior experience with association management software an asset.
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management
- A self-starter who can work independently based on project needs or actively participate as part of a team
- Strong computer skills and proficiency, including Microsoft Office suite of programs, and comfortable learning new software
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time
- An enthusiastic learner.
- A people-person, highly approachable, friendly and collaborative.
- Able to easily build strong internal and external relationships and to relate well to others.
- Analytical and able to collect, synthesize and report data in a meaningful manner.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Service-driven, and highly effective at customer service.
- Proficient with budget development and management.
- Detailed-oriented and can work well under tight timelines and shifting priorities as needed.
- Superior oral, written and presentation skills.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to shift priorities as needed.
- Proficient with MS Office suite.
- Experience working with an association management software preferred.
- Undergraduate degree (Business Administration, Marketing, Economics, or related relevant field).
- Graduate Degree in a relevant area – preferred.
- CAE and CFRE designations an asset.
As an equal opportunity employer, OPA is fully committed to adhering and complying with all the accessibility requirements laid-out under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you required any special accommodations and/or identified yourself as an individual with a disability, please, feel free to contact our Human Resources Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are expected to submit a copy of their resume and cover letter. In addition, they should indicate availability and compensation expectations. Applications that are not complete will not be considered.
More search results
Bond Executive Offices
Coordinator, Communications and Marketing
Ontario Non-Profit Housing Association - 307603
University of Toronto Faculty Association
Assistant Deputy Minister, Regional Operations Di…
BC Public Service Agency
Senior Manager, Orthopaedic Division
Canadian Physiotherapy Association