President & Chief Executive Officer
The President & CEO is responsible for the overall management of SCMAO’s operations and activities. His/her role includes proposing strategy to the Board and, in partnership with SCMAO’s elected and appointed leadership, achieving the goals and furthering the mission of the SCMAO.
SCMAO employs a policy based governance model. Consistent with that model, the President & CEO is the management lead in working with the Board of Directors to establish the policies and strategic directions of the organization and is then responsible for operating within them. The President & CEO is the senior staff officer of the organization. He/she provides operational leadership, management and administration of all areas of SCMAO’s daily operations, and manages the assets of SCMAO within the policies established by the Board.
The President & CEO maintains an active network in the profession, represents the membership, establishes and fosters partnerships with business, government(s) and allied groups as dictated by the SCMAO Strategic Plan. The President & CEO is also an important member of the SCMA Federation Council – the governing body of the 11 partners within the SCMA Federation.
He/she also serves as the Association’s Registrar in the administration of its bylaws and policies.
The role of the President & CEO is to provide leadership and management in these key areas:
- With the Board, Strategic Planning;
- Implementation of the Strategic Plan;
- Operational Policy Development;
- Membership Development;
- Stakeholder Relations as defined by the Board;
- Operations Planning and Management;
- Financial/Budget Planning and Management;
- Public Affairs/Media Relations/Advocacy;
- Asset and Risk Management;
- Human Capital Management;
- Support to the Board in Corporate Governance.
The ideal candidate will bring the following skills and experiences:
- A minimum of ten years progressive management experience in the not-for-profit or related sector with at least three years in a senior management position with a proven track record of effective leadership;
- A strategic thinker adept at dealing with complex professional and business issues affecting a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- Personal experience inspiring, engaging and managing the continual and dynamic involvement of volunteers, and providing strategic leadership and good governance practices to volunteer Boards of Directors and committees along with managing large scale change;
- Training and demonstrated experience in strategic and long-term planning, organizational development, administrative, financial and operational planning;
- Proven skills in program management and evaluation, quality improvement, advocacy, and ability to establish and lead successful partnerships;
- Demonstrated understanding of issues that affect the association and the profession/field of practice;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in report-writing, policy development, public speaking and media relations;
- Proven experience in building collaborative relationships, and engaging staff and all key stakeholders in organizational change efforts;
- Understanding of professional associations and volunteer/not for profit organizations;
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills with proven leadership in the management of professional staff, conflict resolution and problem solving.
Siegel Executive Search Solutions Inc., member of the Executive Search Alliance, is advising SCMAO on the basis of an exclusive consulting assignment. Interested applicants may explore this opportunity in confidence by submitting a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 16, 2018. The publication of this advertisement is neither an assurance that an applicant will be hired, nor that the position will be held open for any specific period of time in the event that a suitable candidate for the position is identified at an earlier date. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.
A detailed position profile is available upon request.
More search results
Bond Executive Offices
Coordinator, Communications and Marketing
Ontario Non-Profit Housing Association - 307603
University of Toronto Faculty Association
Assistant Deputy Minister, Regional Operations Di…
BC Public Service Agency
Senior Manager, Orthopaedic Division
Canadian Physiotherapy Association