President and Chief Operating Officer
WCSS is currently looking for a President and Chief Operating Officer based out of our Calgary office. The position reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the daily operation of the company and ensuring that the business operations are efficient and effective and create maximum value for our members and stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Business management including the development and maintenance of corporate systems, finances, policy, legal, human resources, IT, insurance, facilities and stewardship reporting.
- Managing the day-to-day business and affairs of the corporation including maintenance of financial and other records and books of account of the Corporation.
- The preparation and presentation of all proposed programs and budgets, including without limitation, strategic and operational planning, the annual operating budget and audited financial statements.
- Direct the organization so that the Board’s strategic plan is realized and implemented.
- Acting as a liaison between members of the Coop, WCSS Executive Sub-Committee, Directors, shareholders, regulators, contractors and stakeholders.
- Coordinating equipment purchases, maintenance and utilization.
- Overseeing WCSS’ communications and training programs.
- Providing strategic direction for enhancement of WCSS’ field improvement program.
- Managing the activities of volunteers and ensuring that Coops and committees are effectively administered
Our ideal candidate will have:
Bachelor’s degree in business, environmental, petroleum engineering or related degree with business experience.
- 5 – 10 years of senior executive experience that included staff supervision.
- Project Management designation such as PMP, CAPM.
- 10 – 15 years of oil and gas experience with an environmental component.
- 5 – 10 years of experience working with regulators, suppliers and contractors.
- Excellent relationship management skills; able to achieve stakeholder buy-in and foster successful client relationships.
- Oil spill preparedness and response experience.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills.
- Clean and valid Class 5 driver’s license.
In addition candidates must have good business acumen, strong communication skills, be visionary and creative, personable, approachable, decisive and inspiring.
More search results
Associate Executive Director
Essentient Association Management
Publications and Project Coordinator (15 month co…
Ontario Trial Lawyers Association - 282624
DIRECTOR, BESROUR CENTRE
The Medfall Group
Member Services Coordinator
Food & Consumer Products of Canada
Executive Officer/Director Of Development
College and Association Of Registered Nurses Of Alberta