Permanent, Full-time Toronto, Ontario
The Electrical Contractors Association of Ontario (ECAO) is the voice of unionized electrical contractors across Ontario. We are a progressive and influential organization that represents a large constituency of more than 500 employers in dealing with our labour partners at the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) and with various levels of government. For more information, please visit www.ecao.org
The Electrical Contractors Association of Ontario (ECAO) is seeking a friendly, enthusiastic, and dynamic individual to enhance our group as our full-time Receptionist/Administrative Assistant. You will provide administrative support to the ECAO, act as our initial point of contact to members and other industry stakeholders, and oversee additional projects as required. If successful you will will be privy to confidential and private information and we require high levels of discretion in handling these matters.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Answering the phone and greeting visitors
- Arranging and preparing for meetings, including arranging catering and booking accommodations
- Assisting with simple bookkeeping tasks and banking
- Collecting and distributing mail, including shipping/receiving by courier
- Administering ECAO’s Certi-fire and Registered Fire Alarm Contractor programs
- Administering internal databases
- Providing assistance with planning events, seminars, webinars and other workshops, including arranging speakers, venues, etc.
- Providing support to other members of the ECAO on a variety of projects
- Providing quality customer service
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in an office environment
- Excellence in Word and MS Excel
- Fluency in English both verbal and written
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Exhibits a pleasant and professional attitude and demeanour
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work unsupervised
- Knowledge of construction industry and unionized work environments is an asset
If you meet the requirements of this role, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by March 23, 2018 at 11:00 p.m. with the job title in the subject line. Please outline your salary expectations in your cover letter.
Applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, ability and perspectives are encouraged to apply.
ECAO is committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process, please inform the recruiter and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates. We regret that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
More search results
Canadian Mental Health Association, Cochrane-Timiskaming Branch
Chief Operating Officer - Ontario Road Builders …
MacLeod & Associates
Social Planning Toronto
Canadian Museums Association
Manager, Education & Certification
FITT - Forum for International Trade Training