The Electrical Contractors Association of Ontario (ECAO) is the voice of unionized electrical contractors across Ontario. We are a progressive and influential organization that represents a large constituency of more than 500 employers in dealing with our labour partners at the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) and with various levels of government. For more information, please visit www.ecao.org
Office Administrator Permanent, Full-time Toronto, Ontario
The Electrical Contractors Association of Ontario (ECAO) is seeking a pleasant, highly motivated and ethical individual to join our compact and dynamic group as a full-time Office Administrator. Our Office Administrator will provide high-level administrative support to the Executive Director and Labour Relations Manager, coordinate meetings and manage various projects as required. The successful candidate will be privy to confidential and private information and we require high levels of discretion in handling these matters.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Providing administrative support to the Executive Director and Labour Relations Manager
- Coordinating meetings
- Developing and managing administrative systems and processes
- Preparing and editing correspondence, reports and presentations
- Providing assistance with planning events, seminars, webinars and other workshops, including arranging speakers, venues, etc.
- Providing support to other members of our group on a variety of projects, including administrative support and acting as backup for our Receptionist as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in business administration or a related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in an office environment
- Strong proficiency in Word and MS Excel
- Fluency in English both verbal and written
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Pleasant and professional attitude and demeanour
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work unsupervised
- Knowledge of construction industry and unionized work environments is an asset
If you meet the requirements of this role, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 23, 2018 at 11:00 p.m. with the job title in the subject line. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter.
Applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, ability and perspectives are encouraged to apply.
ECAO is committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process, please inform the recruiter and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates. We regret that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
More search results
Canadian Mental Health Association, Cochrane-Timiskaming Branch
Chief Operating Officer - Ontario Road Builders …
MacLeod & Associates
Social Planning Toronto
Canadian Museums Association
Manager, Education & Certification
FITT - Forum for International Trade Training